Location – Pembroke, UK
Contract Type – Permanent/Full Time
Main Purpose of the Role
As the Operations Manager for Pembroke Power Station you are an integral member of the Station Management Team. This includes managing the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) of the power station; whilst maintaining safe, flexible and reliable plant, and delivering ongoing continuous improvements to maximise the potential of the station within the Hard Coal & Generation UK (HC&G) portfolio. This role also requires effective management of resources to deliver operational and business needs in the most cost-efficient way whilst continuing to deliver against the planned commercial and performance targets.
You will report to the Asset Manager Pembroke and will deputise for the Asset Manager in their absence.
Knowledge & Skills
• University degree in relevant technical or technical/economic discipline with several years of experience in the operation and/or maintenance of power plants
• Understanding of energy markets, electricity products and interrelations in the electricity markets with advanced knowledge of key business and financial ratios
• Entrepreneurial spirit and strategic approach with very good analytical and conceptual thinking skills and high degree of result orientation
• Strong leadership skills based on technical and management experience gained in various roles and fields and high social and integrative skills on a national and international level
• High degree of initiative, commitment and flexibility and strong sense of responsibility
• Business-fluent English.
What we will offer you
· Competitive Salary
· A personal retirement savings plan – if you put in 5% we will top up by a further 10% and you will get life assurance worth 4 x annual salary
· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pro-rata
· Company Paid Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
· One free professional membership subscription
· Access to flexible benefits such as Critical Illness, Dental Plan, Health Cash Plan, Share Incentive Plan, Cycle2Work, Electric Car Lease Scheme, Buy Additional Annual Leave and retail savings scheme
· Occupational Health support services for your wellbeing
· Access to our employee assistance programme in times of need
· Up to 2 days volunteering a year
• Deliver the agreed commercial and operational strategy, and significant business benefits through corporate initiatives.
• Develop, manage and own the assets business plan.
• Ensure operational & environmental compliance of plant and equipment.
• Management and sponsorship of all Hard Coal & Generation UK (HC&G) targets and initiatives relating to health, safety, wellbeing and environment.
• Manage the demands of short-term minimisation of operational costs with the longer term performance and life expectancy of assets.
• Ensure station expenditure is within approved budgets and plans, and effective management of resources.
• Ensure that the Station business plan includes future capacity market options
• Effectively prioritise and optimise outages, maintenance, projects and Business Improvement Project (BIP)s and ensure that processes are in place to provide support and delivery appropriately
• Manage stakeholders/partners engagement including multidisciplinary and cross functional teams.
• Development, motivation and promotion of (power) plant employees at worker, technician and engineer level to secure talent and develop skills
• Active contribution as a member of the Station Management Team and to provide leadership of the Operations department
- Asset Management
- Business Requirements
- Electrical Installation Work
- Energy Market