Cypress is a young, next generation environmental services company that is focused on building state of the art tools, technology, and data analysis. Cypress has been building upon the original company’s founder and Stanford University PhD’s and professor’s technology. These ultra-high-resolution tools are also known as “smart pigs” or “pipeline inspection gadgets”) that are designed to provide high resolution images of pipelines to assist the owners in protecting property, people, and the environment. These ILI tools are complex and utilized to inspect both municipal water pipelines that transport precious drinking water, and energy pipelines that transport various products including gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, and other products routinely transferred via underground pipelines. ILI of pipeline is similar to MRI’s in health care. Our technology utilizes Magnetic Flux Leakage (“MFL”) technology. We work for some of the most prestigious municipal water authorities, and energy pipeline companies in the world including City of San Francisco, Jordan Valley, North Jersey Water Supply commission, Washington County Water, Travis Air Force Base, MacDill Air Force Base, City of Denver, Chevron, DCP Midstream, Plains All America Pipeline, Phillips 66, etc. This position will lead a team at Cypress that will market and sell our ILI services. The BD Manager will also work closely with our business development team at our affiliate who offers other complimentary inspection services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBIILTIES
- Develop a targeted methodical strategy to expand the existing customer base into the 2,500+ energy companies in the US and Canada and over 5,000 municipal water agencies that require ILI services.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the various subject matter experts (“SME’s”) to win business.
- Monitor competitors and their BD efforts to keep leadership informed about market developments.
- Utilize our CRM system to track BD activities.
- Focus on cold calling prospects and educating customers on our ILI services.
- Assist in closing new business by coordinating requirements with business units, legal, insurance, safety, contracts, etc.
- Prepare and submit RFI’s, RFQ’s, and RFP’s for ILI-related customer needs. Conduct follow-up communications in order to generate an effective win-loss analysis.
- Develop marketing strategy and budget for industry events, conferences, client events, email campaigns, website presence, etc.
- Conduct technical presentations with our customer base in their respective offices, video conferences, and/or conference events.
- Participate in weekly, monthly, and quarterly BD meetings.
- Submit progress reports weekly, monthly, and quarterly and ensure data is accurate; and forecast sales targets.
- Support Cypress mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, and code of conduct.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing, or engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in BD, sales/marketing, including demonstrated leadership. assignments with increasing responsibility.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks by prioritization and execution.
- Strong proficiency with computers, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & CRM.
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the energy and municipal water industry is a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly and independently learn
- Creativity and problem solving
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Cypress is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, national origin, gender identity, disability, military/veteran status, genetic information or any other categories protected by applicable law.
- Business Development
- Cold Calling
- Conflict Management