To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Principal or Associate Director of Town Planning to join us across the UK.
Our work of providing Planning services is of critical importance to our clients, local communities and industry, ensuring that major projects can proceed to successful planning outcomes, whilst utilising best practice and creative approaches to problem solving. Our Planning discipline currently comprises more than 20 Town Planners based in key strategic locations across the UK, providing technical support to a wide range of development projects especially large infrastructure and public building schemes. This team continues to grow in line with increases in workload.
Responsibilities will vary depending upon experience but may include:
- Support and deputise for Jacobs DCO Lead
- Deputising for other Senior Assoc Directors when needed
- Leading and inputting into bids and sales work
- Input into business development
- Client facing role of consenting for infrastructure projects
- Developing relationships with clients
- Leading on the development of projects from a consenting perspective
- Undertaking all project related duties, occasionally out of hours are required for project delivery
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to delivery projects successfully
- Producing well written, high quality planning deliverable, on time within the budget set.
- Provide planning advice across Jacobs portfolio of work as required.
- Providing Check and Review for more junior members of the team
- Supporting team members chartership applications
- Providing support and mentoring for more junior members of the planning team
You will have experience in:
- DCO pre-app, examination, discharge of requirements
- Leading EIA development projects
- Leading and managing town planning consenting
- Degree level qualification in town planning
- Qualification recognised for Chartership of the RTPI
- Full Membership of the RTPI
We’re invested in you and your success. Our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. By supporting one another and through our culture of caring, we all succeed. The biggest questions spark our curious minds. We clear the way for inventive thinking and exploration, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. We redefine what’s possible. There’s something that drives everyone – and we want you to keep evolving your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also
Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of
Global Networks, centred on
inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; [ Link removed ]
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
- Business Development
- Information Security