Local Unit & Position Description
We are seeking a dynamic and result-oriented team leader with a strong focus on building a good working environment and a highly competent and well-performing risk advisory unit. To ensure future relevance of our business you must be motivated to drive change and dare to challenge current services and practices and go outside the box thinking. A strong commercial and consulting mindset, an ambition to develop leadership skills, be a role model for entrepreneurial thinking and understand team motivation as key driver are essentials. You will also be expected to actively participate in projects.
We intend to develop the unit into broader client portfolios adding significant footprints in green technology sectors and have the ambition to grow the business/unit in a sustainable manner where the candidate we are looking for should play a key role. For this position a strong background in Quantitative Risk Assessments is of great benefit as the position will require also technical work in projects. The service portfolio includes:
- Quantitative risk analysis
- Advanced fire and explosion analysis based on CFD modeling
- Advisory related to QRA insights and consequences
- Support in further developing our tools and services
- Technical safety advisory
The consultants are primarily located in Høvik but have a focus on close collaboration across geography and its groups to utilize capacity and competence in the best possible way. In addition, there is close collaboration with several other DNV units, in Norway and globally, supplementing and supporting service delivery.
- Ensures an efficient & consistent delivery of services in line with customer expectations
- Optimizes business performance through delivery management, cost-efficient business operations, improvement of the utilization rate and an aligned workforce plan
- Creates a flexible workforce and automates workflows to deal with variable workload
- Builds and strengthens a strong internal culture based on company’s values
- Ensures that employees have the required technical competences and owns the pipeline for (technical) talent
- Supports the Head of Section in strategy and decision making, cultivate a growth mindset and support business development
- Stimulates a high performing culture, sets direction, is output driven and act as a role model for an inspiring employee experience.
- Actively collaborates with corresponding role (s) to evolve the service portfolio and capture customer opportunities
- Owns talent pipeline and development of future needed capabilities
- MSc or equivalent
- Good (technical) understanding from working with the service portfolio Some years of people leadership experience
- Experience and/or interest for marketing and sales
- A good understanding of the safety advisory market in our focus industries is an advantage, so is relevant experience from the maritime and renewable sector.
- Fluent English is required, Norwegian language skills a plus
- Deep knowledge of QRA methodologies is not a must but a understanding is beneficial for success in the role
- A strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support Attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Interesting and challenging projects, both national and international
- Be part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12 000 employees around to world and is headquartered in Norway.
- Leading a team of dedicated and highly competent colleagues with expert and process knowledge within the maritime domain
For further questions
please contact Jolanda Bergesen, Head of Section
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Business Development
- Decision Making