We are looking for a team player who is passionate about programming and finding way to improve solutions for our diverse internal clients. You will interact with clients and other team members to gather requirements for the analysis of business problems to determine feasible solutions. You will develop specifications, construct, enhance, and maintain functions, and install and support vendor packages. You will also develop programs, prepare and maintain application systems, and create or maintain documentation.
SALARY RANGE: $71,550 - $107,400 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Applications
LOCATION: This position may be located in Rapid City, South Dakota, Denver, Colorado or Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- Relocation financial assistance is available amount may vary based on individual circumstances.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design, develop and implement efficient integration solutions. Develop processes to maintain integration between internal and external systems and vendors. Monitor and administer automated processes to verify execution and measure performance.
- Ensure source availability, data integrity, restorability and handle errors appropriately in a timely manner.
- Develop APIs, Web Services or general integrations to integrate with an application or expose data in an application to other applications, partners or vendors. Work with internal staff and/or vendor to assist with data integration for applications.
- Work with Senior Developer to establish/review/renew development standards. Assist in the ongoing development of technical standard methodologies for activities including code management, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), security practices, API/Web Service development and access management.
- Document processes and solutions, create requirements and document final design and implementation of processes.
- Adhere to a code development and deployment strategy defined by the enterprise.
- Development of new projects and maintain legacy processes along with support to internal business and technology staff.
- Administer integration tools and servers.
- Provide enterprise support for integration and business intelligence toolsets.
- Minimum of three (3) years of programming experience required.
- Associate degree in Applications Design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with programming languages that are object-oriented.
- Basic knowledge of one or more of the following is required: API development or system integrations.
- Must have knowledge of or experience with relational databases.
- Knowledge of API/Web Services, Queuing is helpful.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with diverse groups and establish ongoing relationships.
- Capable of quickly understanding how systems are used in order to provide efficient support.
- Demonstrated outstanding customer orientation using good communication skills.
- Ability to lead meetings with technical peers regarding BI/Integration solutions.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and target dates with minimal direction.
- Ability to be agile and work in a complex environment.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL DESCRIPTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical descriptions are representative of the activities an employee in an office job performs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental description: Understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee continuously accesses, inputs, and retrieves electronic information and communicates regarding the information. Employee frequently moves about the office space. Employee may occasionally crouch and reach. Employee must be able to operate routine office equipment including computers and similar equipment. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 6-8 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or continuously to lift, carry, push, pull or sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if moving about is only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work environment: Routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level. Willing to travel up to 15% (e.g., 3.5 days/month) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities. Travel will be necessary to conduct the duties of this job and the employee must have proper licensing to operate a motor vehicle.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer, growth and safety focused utility company that is dedicated to our communities. We improve life with energy as an energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture fuels unique perspectives, opening doors to new insights and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 3000 employees and serve 1.3 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package! Annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
Wage: 71550 to 107400
- Agile Methodology
- Audio Equipments
- Business Intelligence
- Computer Programming
- Data Integration