Sempra is a California-based energy infrastructure company leading the energy transition and serving more consumers in North America than any other utility holding company. Our mission is to be North America's premier energy infrastructure company, delivering affordable, reliable and increasingly decarbonized energy to the markets we serve, including California, Texas, Mexico and global power generation markets. We have consistently been recognized for our leadership in sustainability, and diversity and inclusion. Our company is the only US utility company named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. We are also a member of the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index and recently named one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for 2021 by Fortune Magazine, the eleventh consecutive year our company has received this honor. The Sempra companies' more than 19,000 employees are united by our vision to deliver energy with purpose and live our values every day – doing the right thing, championing people and shaping the future. Visit our sustainability report to learn more about our company, including our bold goals relating to achieving world class safety, championing people, driving resilient operations and enabling the energy transition: [ Link removed ]
A career at Sempra presents the opportunity to join a team with a unique combination of diverse expertise, top talent and strong management, who all set a powerful foundation for sustainable growth and a bright future.
To identify objectives, plan scope, and conduct all phases of assigned SOX controls and audits. Provide customers with high quality value-added audit and consulting services for all Sempra Energy regulated and non-regulated businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Plan audit objectives and scope of assigned audits and SOX projects, as directed by Manager, Project Manager, and/or Principal Auditor. May lead certain assigned projects.
* Helps assess risk, develop SOX and audit test procedures, and review test procedures developed by other team members.
* Conducts audit and SOX testing and effectively documents audit results ensuring that conclusions, observations, and recommendations are properly supported.
* Assists in recommending changes to client business operations and negotiating solutions, improvement opportunities, and management corrective actions.
* Represents the department as a business partner that adds value and is willing to assist with all Sempra Energy activities.
* Sets a tone to encourage company management to call upon Audit Services for assistance.
* Assist in the development and training of staff auditors.
* Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
* Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required.
* Advanced degree in relevant field a plus.
* 7+ years prior audit experience.
* 10+ years related experience or equivalent training and/or experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
* Expert understanding of the audit methodology and phases, and how to apply the methodology.
* Skillful in identifying risks and controls.
* Advanced ability to execute audit test procedures, and create audit work papers to support testing.
* Advanced ability to establish relationships with team members and the client, and lead audit meetings when required.
* Advanced ability to understand business concepts and associating it with risk.
* Advanced problem-solving skills.
* Experience using data analytics and advanced reporting tools.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to travel approximately 10-15% locally (San Diego and Los Angeles), nationally and internationally.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish is a strong plus.
Licenses and Certifications:
* Professional audit certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor) preferred.
***Will consider candidates at Senior Auditor or Auditor II level depending on experience.***
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Spanish Language
- English Language
- Certified Public Accountant