is a retail energy provider specializing in electricity and natural gas commodities and bringing energy efficient solutions and renewable energy options to customers.
Currently operating in the United States
, Just Energy serves residential and commercial customers. Just Energy
is the parent company of Amigo Energy, Filter Group Inc., Hudson Energy, Interactive Energy Group, Tara Energy
, and terrapass
. Visit [ Link removed ] to learn more about us. Overview
We are looking for an experienced, Senior Manager, US Tax
to join the Just Energy tax team.
The Senior Manager
has primary responsibility over any US tax
accounting and compliance matters and will drive value for the organization as the US lead on tax planning initiatives and a strategic business partner for operating and business transaction projects. Location:
Houston, TX or Toronto/GTA, ON Responsibilities
- Provide direct support to VP Tax on enterprise-wide tax, operating and business transaction projects.
- Responsible for US tax compliance (i.e. income tax, sales and use tax) and the principle contact for government tax audits.
- Drive value for the organization as the US lead on tax planning initiatives.
- Develop manage and maintain relationships with key individuals across Finance, Operations, Legal, Treasury and Business Development and Human Resources to ensure tax is at the forefront of business decisions and mitigate any tax risks associated with new product or sales channels.
- Provide oversight of US tax payments and estimates communicated to Treasury and overall responsibility over US tax accounts to ensure activity and balances appropriately reflect the Company%26rsquo;s tax position and status.
- Quarterly and annual US tax provision and related note disclosures.
- Provide business analysis upon request, including NOL, tax credit and expected future cash taxes.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place over the US Corporate and US Sales & Use tax functions.
- Actively monitor, assess the impact of and respond to potential US tax changes impacting Just Energy.
- Consistently monitor and evaluate the internal processes and guidelines to ensure efficiency and provide recommendations on optimizing/automating the tax function while minimizing tax risks.
- Oversee and coordinate external tax providers (e.g., tax return preparers, subject matter specialists, etc.).
- Lead by example, demonstrating Just Energy%26rsquo;s core values on a consistent basis.
- Certified/Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA/CA) designation.
- 5-10+ years of tax experience, preferably with international organizations operating in multiple jurisdictions.
- Solid knowledge of US Corporate and US Sales & Use tax.
- Experience working with international organizations operating in multiple jurisdictions.
- Thorough understanding of tax accounting under IFRS.
- Experienced working on multi-national public company tax provisions.
- Team player who will partner in the process.
- Strong professional communication ability (verbal and written) for a variety of audiences.
- Proven technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, self-starter with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work to deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Project management skills with proven ability to drive projects through to completion.
- Able to change direction in response to unexpected events or circumstances.
- Experience in the energy industry.
Thank you for your interest in Just Energy!
- Competitive compensation
- Performance based bonuses (up to %244K annually)
- Comprehensive benefits package from day 1 of employment
- Employee Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Work from home (WFH) Model *during pandemic
- Health and wellbeing tools and resources and more%26hellip;
- Use Tax
- Internal Controls
- International Financial Reporting Standards