Main purpose of role
To deliver a programme of Additional Works (Projects) for area of remit, ensuring a high quality output and that all works are delivered on time and within budget. The role
This is a full time role that is based at RAF Menwith Hill in Yorkshire
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of Additional Works in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks and ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor Supply Chain service delivery, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard
- Confer with local DIO representatives, the Local Customer Service Representative and the relevant Site Manager to agree scope & priorities of Additional Works on a regular basis.
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to Additional Works are completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review site risk registers, follow management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan and the Legionella management plan.
- Identify opportunities on establishments that will support the MoD’s carbon reduction targets.
- Support management in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements to resolve end user issues.
- Understand operational priorities of the HoE, develop and maintain close working and effective relationships with local DIO and end users to pro-actively support estate activities and provide professional and technical advice as required.
- Support end users in the development of new work requirements and the provision of formal Additional Works project submissions.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Liaise with the local Amey Operations team to ensure site knowledge and on-going maintenance requirements are fully incorporated in the planning and delivery of Additional Works.
- Provide sufficient and timely supervision, assessment and coaching to ensure teams are performing to agreed service levels, ensuring effectiveness and the timely delivery of Additional Works.
- Comply with the agreed system of reporting of the physical and financial progress of Additional Works, including planned milestone payments.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
- Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
- Contribute to the production of IEMPS, ESTS, FASP and ESR across the establishments within area of responsibility.
- Ensure Additional Works are delivered efficiently and economically in order to promote a profitable business for Amey.
Skills & Experience Profile
Demonstrable experience of supervising staff in Project Management including:
• Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs
• Stakeholder management
• Management of costs
• Planning, directing and controlling activities
• Management of Safe Systems of Work
Experience of supervising site operations, including:
• Planning, directing and controlling activities
• Agreeing scope and priorities of work
• Proactive performance management
• Ability to solve problems and make decisions
• Significant experience in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
• Experience of operating in an MOD environment
• Good working knowledge of CDM regulations
• Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, energy performance, Sustainability etc.
• NEC3 contract requirements
• Familiarity with geography and establishments within area of responsibility
Training & Qualifications
• HND level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
• Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
• Continuing Professional Development
• Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word etc.)
• Associate Member of a relevant professional body (e.g. APM)
• Accredited training qualification in Asbestos Responsible Person, Legionella Responsible Person, Authorised Person Training
• Familiarisation with WorkManager applications
Internal / External
- Amey Operations team
- Amey Support functions
- Defence Infrastructure Organisation Local Management
- Local Customer Representatives
- Site Supply Chain Operatives
- Developed communication skills are required to influence internally and externally across the business
- Lead by example across the Amey contract and by achieving objectives and consistently demonstrating the Company values
- Motivate local site team through clear, effective direction, delegation and decision making and strive for excellence in personal and site objectives
- Make sound and timely decisions, using technical knowledge and practical experience
- Build strong relationships with local MoD personnel and the end user to ensure excellent delivery of Additional Works within the Amey contract
- Build and maintain effective collaborative relationships, within the Amey contract seeking to achieve benefits of joint value
- Able to influence and negotiate effective delivery within the remit of the Amey contract
- Maintains high standards for quality and achievement in a changing environment and maintains focus to deliver results
- Plan resources effectively and monitor against clear objectives, ensuring milestones and targets are met
- Through the use of available technology produce and analyse data, maintain accurate records and identify problems within area of remit
- Work in compliance with Amey processes and identify and share effective ways of working within the Amey contract
- Manage cost and value for money utilising technical knowledge and experiential experience
- Takes responsibility for the implementation of Health & Safety processes on site and shares effective ways of working within the Amey contract
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Project Management processes and maintain focus on site compliance to deliver results
- Stakeholder Management
- Asset Management
- Civil Engineering
- Service Delivery