Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Community Choice Aggregation programs (CCAs) are a rapidly growing segment of the electricity market; they are formed by local governments to supply electricity and related services to customers in their geographic area in place of the incumbent utility. CCAs require a broad and complex range of back office systems, operations and data to enable startup and management of their program, and contract with firms like Calpine Energy Solutions to perform these services.
The CCA Team needs a versatile developer who can handle software development, application customization, application interfaces, and business intelligence reporting. Assists the Calpine Energy Solutions business teams with troubleshooting problems occurring in applications, interfaces, or databases. Participate in solution design processes to meet evolving requirements of the business. Support the business with solution enhancements and upgrades, configuration changes, and other requests for support.
• Provide development support for maintenance and enhancement of Calpine Energy Solutions applications
• Provide full stack .NET capability in developing new solutions
• Assist with BI development and support
• Assists with QA testing of software releases, including unit testing or testing automation
• Implements and deploys applications and databases
• Develops technical documentation
• Provides post implementation support of user questions and fine-tuning of applications
• Plans, prioritizes and schedules concurrent projects
• Assists with management and configuration of JIRA development management solution
• Maintains communications with management and users during development or maintenance cycle
• Management and Associate Competencies:
o Interpersonal Skills/Behavior
o Focus on Performance
o Business Knowledge
o Critical Thinking Skills
• Undergraduate degree in information systems, computer science, other technical/science degree, or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
• Object Oriented programming experience, preferably in C# or Java.
• 2+ years of experience in developing software applications in the Microsoft .NET stack or equivalent experience, advanced degrees, or demonstrated skills.
• Experience working with an enterprise RDBMS, such as MS SQL Server or Oracle.
• Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new languages and technologies.
• Experience with enterprise software solutions, such as CRM, IVR, BI, WFM, ERP, or other large scale enterprise solutions is preferred.
• Experience with ETL is a plus.
• Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience in coding, testing, documenting and deploying software applications for enterprise environments.
• Diverse skill set across the presentation, business logic, and data layers.
• Ability to rapidly learn new languages and technologies and adapt to the needs of the rapidly changing needs of Calpine Energy Solutions’ business.
• Experience with Business Intelligence or Reporting solutions a plus.
• Experience with data warehousing principles a plus.
• Sitting and standing for long periods of time.
- Vaccination Information: Calpine requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment - if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Calpine’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [ Email address blocked ] . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- Business Intelligence
- Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)
- Customer Relationship Management
- Extract Transform Load (Etl)
- .Net Framework
- Data Warehousing