Strata Solar is a national leading developer of commercial and utility-scale solar farms ranked amongst the top five solar producers in the US. We understand that our employees are the lifeblood of the company. We strive to align company goals with those of our employees. We're constantly innovating to make a difference for our customers, our employees, and our planet. Our mission is to make a difference by developing cost-efficient alternatives to traditional energy sources, without long-term dependence on government subsidies. We´re leading the industry in sustainable energy careers. We hope you´ll join us. Overview
Summary: The EPC Electrical Foreman supervises one or more Subcontractor electrical crews responsible for the installation of solar PV systems, monitoring the safety and quality of the Subcontractor´s work and ensuring the work progresses in accordance with the contract documents and the CPM schedule. Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors the subcontractor´s daily work plans to ensure the highest level of workmanship to all elements of the job. Provides guidance and direction to the electrical subcontractor with respect to the project quality and safety requirements.
- Ensure the high-quality installation of electrical portions of project, including underground cabling, mod to mod wiring, and DC collection system.
- Adhere and enforce all project policies and procedures.
- Monitor progress to ensure work is planned and executed in accordance with the project priorities and the CPM schedule.
- Coordinate with other discipline subcontractors with regards to access and sequencing.
- Monitor Subcontractor´s material inventory control of Contractor supplied system components and hardware.
- Ensure assigned Subcontractor maintains neat work areas and efficient utilization of laydown areas.
- Provide drawing, constructability, submittal reviews, and feedback with the engineering team, verifying that the quality of materials, equipment, and workmanship conforms to the specifications and updates of the contract documents.
- Oversight of Electrical Subcontractors.
- Review/monitor subcontractor´s procurement of electrical resources, methods, staffing, look-ahead schedules, and coordination with other site activities.
- Monitor Safety, Quality, and Efficiency of subcontracted work on every project.
- Ensure subcontract crews have resources and support.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 4 years of commercial construction supervision experience
- Solar installation experience required.
- Journeyman electrician
- OSHA 10 certification
- NABCEO Entry Level Certification preferred.
- NABCEP PV Certification preferred.
- Must be able to read construction drawings/diagrams and develop a working plan for implementation of design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DC electrical.
- Basic math skills and reading comprehension.
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions to understand simple processes
- Valid driver´s license.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Demonstrate competence necessary to perform the work.
- Solar Experience highly preferred.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
A majority of the work is performed in the field and requires extended overnight stays. Will be required to perform physical labor; at times, carrying objects greater than 50 lbs. The position requires the unrestricted use of hands, arms, shoulders, upper/lower back, visual acuity, depth, and color perception.
No third party solicitations or resumes will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Submittals (Construction)
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)