Due to continued growth across the group, we are looking for a Senior Process Safety Engineer to join our process team, supporting a wide range of clients across the UK & Europe. The successful engineer will have over 7 years’ experience, including exposure to project design, delivery or consultancy environments.
The role is flexible, and can report into any of our main offices - Runcorn, Falkirk and Immingham.
Engenda Group provide Professional Engineering Solutions to a range of companies, primarily in the Process Sector Industries: Chemical; Oil & Gas; and Pharmaceutical Industries. The EPC division (formally Clark Eriksson Associates) provide Engineering Consultation services in Project Management, Construction Management, Process Engineering, & Engineering Design for: Instrument, Electrical, Mechanical, Piping, Civil and Structural. We also provide Process Safety Risk Services like DSEAR/Area Classification, COMAH, Process Risk Assessment (HazID, HazOp), Risk Reduction measures, Pressure Relief and Safety Instrumented System Design (SIS).
As part of your role as Senior Process Safety Engineer, you will:
- Use your broad experience of process engineering design principles to support our clients
- Provide expertise on a range of process unit operations and basic chemistry principles, as well as Fire, explosion hazards and pressure relief design.
- Provide expertise on Fire and Explosion hazards
- Be able to communicate with other discipline engineers
- Be a company expert on relevant process safety standards and legislation
- Give and receive clear and unbiased information while writing concise and accurate reports
- Act as a HAZOP Chair and LOPA Facilitator both internally and externally when required
- Carry our DSEAR Risk Assessments and Hazardous Area classifications to BS0079 and EL15
- Specify and design Safety Instrumented Systems and SIL determination according to IEC 61511
For this position, we expect applicants to have at least 7 years’ experience in a design/consultancy environment, have a chemical engineering degree and ideally be a Chartered Member of IChemE. Applicants currently working towards chartered status will also be considered.
Engenda Group employees are extremely proud of their reputation in the market and are normally considered to have a strong attention to detail, be analytical thinkers, innovative, tenacious, flexible, responsible and are strong written and oral communicators.
Unfortunately, we cannot currently support international visa applications so will only be considering candidates that are eligible to work in the UK.
- Hazard Identification
- Hazard And Operability Study
- Control Of Major Accident Hazards Regulations
- Safety Instrumented Systems
- Process Safety