The Claims/Billing Coordinator works in the claims department and assists with the development, implementation and administration of the claims process across all of Louis Berger asset maintenance projects, primarily in the State of Florida. The position is responsible for data entry, document management, handling correspondence (email and telephone communications) associated with the Claims process.
The position reports to the Sr. Claims Administrator and works with project teams to collect documentation and pursue claims against responsible third parties. Primary duties and responsibilities are as follows.
- Handle all internal and external communications related to claims processing including e-mails, phone calls, letter writing, reading/scanning mail, etc.
- Follow-up with internal project teams to obtain supporting documentation to include in claims package, e.g. photos, crash reports, invoices, hours, etc.
- Generate First Notice of Loss (FNOL) template and send via email, fax and/or phone to liable parties.
- Upload all claims documentation such as FNOL letters, Crash Reports, PPC Files, etc. into company software and servers.
- Generate claims invoice and send invoice with supporting documentation to liable party.
- Assist Sr. Claims Administrator with telephone calls from claimants and insurance companies.
- Manage calendar reminders for Claims Department for any meetings that need to have a company representative present.
- Assist Sr. Claims Administrator with handling payment process.
- Perform data entry into company claims systems.
- Retrieve and process mail from the Claims PO Box by inputting copies and notes into CMMS.
- Document actions taken with each claim within claims systems and provide status updates to Sr. Claims Administrator.
- Send CMMS Generated reports to Project Managers and Senior Management when requested.
- Send out correspondence when requested by Claims Administrator.
- Communicate to Claims Administrator when constant negative trends or issues affect the process of invoice submission.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
- Carry out all duties in line with Company policies and procedures as amended from time to time.
- Understand and abide by ethical behavior and integrity standards, per Louis Berger’s Code of Business Conduct.
- Must have a high School diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in fast-paced, multi-faceted environment. Experience with insurance, claims, construction, maintenance, or executive office preferred.
- Demonstrate familiarity and knowledge of legal, insurance or claims processes.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Must possess analytical mindset and excel without supervision.
- Must be inquisitive and persistent with the eye for pattern recognition.
- Demonstrate innovation and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills for high volume of work and multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate decisiveness, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Contribute to a strong relationship through positive interaction.
- Must be adaptable and flexible.
- Strong typing skills, to include 10-key data entry.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Suite Software (Outlook, Excel, Teams, Skype) with the ability to learn new databases and tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willing to travel on occasion and collaborate with project teams on camera while working remotely, i.e. from home office or field.
- Time Management
- Data Entry