Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
Galliford Try require an HR Assistant on a 12 month fixed term contract to support the HR team during the implementation of a new HR System, allowing the release of members of the current team to work on various workstreams within the project life-cycle. This post is expected to run for approx. 9 months.
As a HR Assistant you will work as part of the HR Hub team, undertaking a range of HR administration activities, to support the entire employee lifecycle. This will vary from creating employee contracts and employee records, pension and benefits administration, to the processing of leavers. You will play an active role in supporting all HR Cyclical activities and changes in employment legislation, as well as support the wider HR Team in projects and ad hoc activities.
- Actively support the delivery of a professional, highly efficient and customer focused service.
- Undertake HR employee administration transactions as defined within the HR Hub Scope of Service, in a timely and accurate manner, in line with HR Hub processes, HR policies and service level agreements.
- Process all employment changes as appropriate including, but not limited to; issuing offers of employment to new starters, promotions; changes to terms and conditions; changes to pension and benefits; processing of leavers; updating of templates in line with statutory legislation and internal HR policies.
- Undertake all pre-employment checks as required for the specified positions including (but not limited to) references, right to work documentation and DBS checks.
- Contribute towards the administration of annual activity and projects including but not limited to; salary review; bonus targets and payments; PDR; engagement; long service; BUPA renewal; Christmas holiday arrangements; car allowance and audit checks.
- Maintain accurate and up to employee data within Oracle HR, undertaking data cleanse activities as & when required.
- Support employees and line managers in the resolution of their queries, directing them to the appropriate person / team where required.
- Help with the collation of weekly and monthly reports as necessary.
- Identify improvements to work practices to enable a highly effective, and seamless service to customers, and in conjunction with the HR Hub Supervisor implement these improvements.
- Liaise with Payroll, Fleet, Business Units and the Local HR contacts as and when required to ensure a consistent service delivery.
- Ensure compliance with GDPR regulations including the creation and maintenance of electronic and paper based personal records.
- Communicate with HR Hub colleagues and the wider HR function to keep them fully informed of all matters which affect their sphere of operation.
- At all times exercise the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion.
- Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
Competency Requirements & Technical/Professional Qualifications
- Be process compliant.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Be flexible to meet the demands of the business.
- Previous working experience of Oracle HR (desirable).
- Previous HR administration and data processing experience (desirable)
- Good analytical skills.
- Have excellent customer service skills with a focus on the service user.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
As one of the UK’s top principal contractors you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
- Attention To Detail
- Service Level Agreement
- Service Delivery