Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Manager, Talent Development to join our team!
The Manager, Talent Development role is responsible for developing, implementing and administering development programs, teaching leaders, assessing the organization, and finding opportunities to improve the effectiveness of employee performance.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
- Operationalize an overall Talent Management and Organizational Development strategy for the company which proactively creates expectations and processes to drive a consistent, quality experience across recruiting, onboarding, training and development.
- Provide expert consultation and oversight for the development and alignment of core development offerings, management training and leadership development.
- Lead succession planning processes that drive talent mobility, development and promotions.
- Consults with management on performance, organizational and leadership matters. Conducts needs assessments to determine measures required to enhance employee job performance and overall company performance.
- Work closely with business leaders and HR Managers to ensure TD programs are meeting the needs of the business and that our Managers are equipped/empowered to successfully facilitate the TD programs
- Focus on accelerating stakeholder adoption of Talent Development programs such as employee onboarding, capability building and professional development as well as managing the analytics, reporting and business metrics for designated TD programs.
- Lead the development, maintenance, and administration of systems and tools to support talent acquisition and development, along with a variety of talent metrics which provide ongoing current state statistics and future trends and projections.
- Consult, coach, train and partner with HRMs to ensure an effective and high-quality execution of Talent Development strategies
- Partner with HRIS to develop and leverage tools, processes, analytics and dashboards to analyze/report on and support Talent Development practices
- Facilitate organizational adoption of new standards and best practices through thoughtful change management strategies. Rollout new content and find ways to help staff members successfully adopt new best practices. Report out to senior staff on progress and results achieved
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of current technology as it applies to LMS software and systems
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Experience: 8-10+ years’ experience
- Prior experience with Human Resources outside of Talent Management a plus
- Demonstrated “super-user” experience using a Talent Development features within a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Advanced working experience with PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proven track record of designing, developing, and implementing effective Talent Development solutions that are practical, realistic, and scalable
- Project Management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate agility in a demanding work environment, and adapt to rapidly changing priorities while meeting timelines
- Experience with Talent Development analytics including the ability to effectively present data to stakeholders
- Ability to apply adult learning theory to develop creative solutions that drive learning outcomes and behavioral change to meet the needs of the business
- Travel Requirements: 30% travel
Certificates & Licenses:
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
Must demonstrate strong and effective organization, communication, writing skills, and can independently determine and develop approaches to solutions
Must possess a collaborative style. Must be able and willing to develop productive relationships across the organization. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change.
Ability to deal with confidential matters in a discretionary and tactful manner is required.
Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential for the successful execution of responsibilities in this role. One must possess polished presentation skills and the ability to multi-task.
Strong planning and organizational skills.
This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
This requisition is not eligible for the Employee Referral Program. Buckeye Partners, L.P. reserves the right to not pursue a referred candidate if the eventual employment of the referred candidate would constitute a conflict of interest with a customer or supplier and/or would be detrimental to the best interest of the Company.
- Succession Planning
- Organization Development
- Human Resources Information System (Hris)
- Senior Professional In Human Resources
- Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993