At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Under the guidance of management, develops new engineering design of a basic to moderate complexity. As a part of the project team, review design requirements and develop approach for implement in software. This includes modification of existing product. Develop complete firmware and application software solution for products with industrial applications. Assist in preparation of design documentation.
This is an on-site position that will be based in St. Petersburg, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop low-level driver, abstraction layers, application, and other software components for embedded systems
• Work closely with senior staff to develop cutting-edge products
• Participate in a cross-functional team to develop new electronic designs
• Perform board bring up, hardware/software debugging and troubleshooting
• Design test setups and utilities to evaluate system performance
• Create and review design specifications and other technical documentation
• Desire to work both independently and within team in a demanding environment on complex projects
• Conduct technical discussions with customers and project teams
• 1-2 years of professional experience of embedded firmware development with a BSEE, BSCS or BSCE degree
• Experience of developing solution for high-voltage battery system is a big plus
• Ability to program using C/C++
• Hand-on experience of developing low-level peripheral drivers
• Familiarity digital and analog interface such as UART, SPI, I2C, ADC etc.
• Basic understanding of industrial communication protocol such as Modbus and CAN
• Knowledgeable about Git-based version control system
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Abstraction Layers
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Communications Protocols
- Design Specifications
- Embedded Computer