Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project.
It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
We are currently looking for a Lead EC&I Engineer position to join the team in Birchwood. PLEASE NOTE This role could be managed remotely working from home, with weekly meetings based out of either Warrington, Cheshire or Westlakes, Cumbria. Applicants with the right skills are encouraged to apply regardless of their UK location.
This is a full-time role responsible for delivery of discipline engineering scope on a major EPC (typical TIC £500m ).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensuring design is produced in line with required Regulatory, Customer and Company standards for EHSS&Q.
- Delivery, supervision and verification of EC&I related engineering design deliverables to cost, schedule and quality
- Identification and application of discipline related design standards and specifications applicable to the project
- Overseeing team progressing and reporting
- Interface co-ordination with other engineering disciplines
- Performing appropriate engineering reviews
- Identifying discipline resource needs and supporting in the recruitment process
- Ensuring design change and configuration is effectively managed
- Overall management and coordination of EC&I team on the project
- The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are implemented
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Ideal Experience and Qualifications:
- Producing and implement engineering project execution plans
- Producing/reviewing engineering estimates and programmes
- Experience of utilising System Engineering Techniques, e.g. verification and validation plans
- Experience of System Engineering Management Tools, e.g. IBM Doors
- Experience with managing discipline design phase reviews
- Managing design contractors and interfacing with supply chain/vendors
- General knowledge of key cross industry regulations and standards including CDM
- Understanding key discipline related engineering software systems
- Experience of engineering in procurement, construction, commissioning phases
- CEng Status will be beneficial
- Experience of working within a decommissioning environment will be beneficial
- Experience of utilising IEC 61508 and 61513 will be beneficial
- Experience of major engineering delivery on EPC projects
- Mobilising/recruiting discipline engineering resources including competency assessment
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
- Engineering Management
- Engineering Design Process
- Systems Engineering