Transports, packs and unpacks suspension components of the Bradley Fighting Vehicle
(BFV) retrofit program to include receiving inventories, inspecting packages and crates
for accuracy and damage, and operating the appropriate equipment to move
1. Receive parts and components for Bradley retrofit program for Bradley Fighting
Vehicles. Inspect parts to insure accurate count and completeness of component
package. Unpack parts as required and store appropriately until needed.
2. Document receipt of parts, enter information into appropriate inventory database,
and properly label parts for future storage and distribution.
3. Operate vehicles, mechanized devices, or equipment to include running,
maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as
forklifts or passenger vehicles.
4. Move parts/components/materials as needed to meet operational requirements
using the appropriate equipment/tools/lifts/etc.
5. Document and record material transactions by entering, transcribing, recording,
storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
6. Operate small electric or gas powered forklift.
7. Perform as a team to pack / unpack components; heavier parts require two person
8. Identify opportunities for process improvements and present them to the project
9. Identify safety hazards or conditions to the project manager immediately.
10. Package removed components for transportation.
12. Understand and abide by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity
as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
13. Perform all other duties prescribed by management.
1. Must possess at least one year of experience in performing material handling
operations at a work site or warehouse dealing with heavy equipment parts.
2. Must be proficient in understanding what tools/equipment is needed for specific
operations to properly select the correct/safe tool for the operation.
3. Must be able to obtain a US Army vehicle operator’s permit (DA Form 348) to
operate any of the BFV FOV, a 10,000 pound forklift and any other vehicles as
directed by Louis Berger. Must be able to utilize a wide array of tools and testing
equipment as used on the BFV FOV.
4. Must be able to troubleshoot and determining causes of operating errors and
decide what to do about it.
5. Must have active learning skills to be able to understand the implications of new
information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
6. Must be able to work under stress and prioritize work requirements to meet the
overall operational requirements.
7. Must have beginner to basic computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, inventory
control software, etc.)
8. Must be able to bend, stoop, stand and lift 50 pounds continually throughout
shift (8-12 hours.)
9. Must be able to work in both hot and cold environment (non-climate controlled.)
10. Ability to gain access to US Government facilities by adhering to the policies and
procedures of the host installation for the duration of the contract.
11. Must be able to use common hand mechanics hand tools, torque wrenches and
impact wrenches as outlined in the work instruction.
12. Must be able to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
13. Must have good communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to
effectively and tactfully communicate with many levels of personnel in a variety
14. Must be dependable, consistently at work and on time, follow instructions well,
respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve
performance. A demonstrated ability to monitor their own work to ensure
accuracy and quality is essential.
15. Must have fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read and
understand guidance for day to day work requirements.
16. Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
17. May be required to travel as needed for the job.
18. Must possess a valid US driver’s license issued by any state.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An ideal candidate will have a minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent
with the described maintenance experience identified above. Must have at least one
year of experience in a warehouse or storage facility responsible for large part storage
and movement. Forklift experience is highly desirable.
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Forklift Truck
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Material Handling