Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving-force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Service Industrialization > Siting & Loads > Sales Siting
Siting and Loads team is part of the Service Industrialization team and it is globally responsible for handling and delivering new standards of wind & site assessment related to the After Sales products that are designed by Vestas for improving the Annual Energy Production (AEP) of the wind turbines. You will be responsible for performing high-quality siting analysis to deliver optimized engineering solutions by the proper risk evaluation. This will be done by combining your value engineering skills with the commercial expectations of the Sales Business Unit and that of the customer. You are also expected to be the technical coach for the engineers. In this position, you will report to the Team Leader of Sales Siting within the department of Siting and Loads.
- Value engineering of After sales projects using your siting skills
- Detailed reporting
- Stakeholder management
- Coaching other engineers
- Supporting the Team Leader on process improvement initiatives
- Technical review of engineering work completed by other engineers
- Engineering graduate in the stream of Civil or Aerospace or Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics. Having a Master degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in Wind Resource Assessment
- Have an interest in wind, terrain, aerodynamics, and dynamically loaded constructions
- Work structured and systematic and have consistent attention to detail, which enables you to meet deadlines
- Be an innovative career-motivated individual who is able to work autonomously and yet appreciates the value of working in teams
- Good working experience in Wind Resource Assessment software like WindPRO, WAsP, WAsP Engineering, or equivalents
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Programming skills in R & Python will be an added advantage
- Advanced MS Excel skills
What We Offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development possibilities in an inspiring environment at a growing wind turbine manufacturer. We value initiative, responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a solid technical commitment.
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 27th Oct'21.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at [ Link removed ] and follow us on our social media channels
- Wind Power
- Energy Production
- Risk Analysis
- Wind Turbine