Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsible for supporting the objectives of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policy and Information Security Management Policy by adhering to applicable Procedures and Work Practices while fulfilling of duties.
- Assume the duties of the Principal Buyer / Principal Procurement Engineer or Senior Principal Buyer / Senior Principal Procurement Engineer or Project Procurement Manager as appropriate when so directed.
- Input all progress data to Material Management System and ensure these are up-to-date
- Develop contacts with Suppliers' personnel. Maintain the respect of Suppliers and their representatives by adherence to code of conduct and business ethics, corporate policies, procedures and work practices.
- Maintain awareness of the materials supply situation including area sources, price levels and current deliveries. Advise the Principal Buyer or Project Procurement Manager of possible new sources of supply.
- When requested contribute to current and projected price and delivery trends
- When requested carry out spare parts co-ordination activities in accordance with the Project Procurement Execution Plan.
- Support the objectives of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policy and Information Security Management Policy by adhering to applicable Procedures and Work Practices while fulfilling of duties.
- Prepare and issue Procurement Plans and obtain necessary approvals.
- Prepare and issue quotation requests, progress, check and evaluate quotations.
- Submit quotation summaries after technical approval to authorised Procurement Personnel for approval. Distribute as required by the Project Procurement Execution Plan.
- Agree with engineering and supplier the requirements and submittal dates for the following:
- critical supplier data e.g. equipment weight supplier drawings e.g. GA drawing.
- Provide post order management that facilitates “on time” delivery of goods.
- Check that supplier’s documentation index specified in the purchase order is received on schedule. Expedite as required.
- Obtain all required Supplier drawings, documents, data books, manuals etc at the required time and in the specified quantities. Expedite as required.
- Check that critical supplier data specified in the purchase order is received on schedule.Expedite as required.
- Operate the spare parts procedure and in particular check that:
- Quotations are submitted on the correct forms and with all required supporting information.
- Quotations are transmitted through the person responsible for spare parts coordination for all necessary approvals.
- Orders for spare parts that are to be issued by Wood PLC are placed on the basis of the approved recommended spare parts lists, and are expedited, inspected and released for shipment as applicable.
- Recommend to the Principal Buyer or Senior Principal Buyer or Project Procurement Manager any necessary visits to Suppliers to apply pressure to maintain or improve performance. Visit Suppliers' works if instructed.
- Ensure the correct finalisation of orders in accordance with project procurement execution plan.
- Assist in the settlement of back charges and discrepancies when requested by authorised construction personnel.
- Degree or Diploma In Engineering (Essential) / GDMM or PGDMM (Desirable)
- 5 - 10 years experience in Oil and Gas, Refineries, Petro-chemical related industries (Essential)
- Project purchasing experience (Essential)
- Direct purchasing on a global basis (Desirable)
- Ability to prepare negotiation strategies/techniques and participate /lead negotiations (Desirable)
- Good knowledge of project procurement execution
- Good knowledge of Oil and Gas supply chain or related supply chain
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. [ Link removed ]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
- Order Management Systems
- Submittals (Construction)