Strata Clean Energy is a national leading developer of commercial and utility-scale solar farms ranked amongst the top five solar producers in the US. We understand that our employees are the lifeblood of the company. We strive to align company goals with those of our employees. We're constantly innovating to make a difference for our customers, our employees, and our planet. Our mission is to make a difference by developing cost-efficient alternatives to traditional energy sources, without long-term dependence on government subsidies. We´re leading the industry in sustainable energy careers. We hope you´ll join us. Overview
Summary: Strata Clean Energy, as a national developer, contractor, owner and operator of solar energy and energy storage projects, provides its attorneys with a multi-disciplinary law practice. Strata´s attorneys serve as key members of the legal department and assist the General Counsel and other members of Strata´s executive team in executing overall strategic objectives from both legal and business perspectives. Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, this position will work closely with personnel in all of Strata´s departments, in particular the solar energy and energy storage development teams. Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Strata´s solar and energy storage project development teams with reviewing, drafting and negotiating leases, easements, option agreements, purchase agreements and other project site control documents and administering site control documents during project development, construction and/or operation.
- Review title commitments, title proformas, title policies and surveys and provide analyses, support and supervision for title curative work required in connection with project development, finance, construction and/or operation.
- Provide real estate support for project finance and M&A transactions, including conducting and responding to due diligence inquiries and drafting, reviewing and managing real estate closing deliverables.
- Provide general real estate legal support to the project development team for all aspects of project development, including permitting, interconnection and offtake opportunities.
- Provide general corporate and commercial support, including, as needed, supporting Strata´s engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and operations and maintenance (O&M) teams.
- In performing the foregoing tasks and duties, identify, manage and advise business clients and executive management on risk allocation and mitigation.
- Effective management of external legal resources.
- Contribute to creating, developing and implementing processes, procedures, best practices, systems and controls within the legal department and more broadly, and recommend improvements thereto.
- Cross-team collaboration and coordination with internal and external colleagues.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- JD from an accredited law school.
- Current license to practice law; Virginia or North Carolina license preferred but not required.
- Minimum 4 years´ experience in real estate law and contract drafting.
- Strong interest in renewable energy; prior experience preferred but not required.
- General (i.e., non-real estate) transactional experience preferred, but not required.
- Possess effective drafting, negotiating and client communication skills to: (a) identify complex legal issues, (b) develop and implement alternative solutions, (c) negotiate independently and (d) cope with fast-paced and ever-changing relationships.
- Possess effective time management, project management, dispute resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, adaptable and independent thinker.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to focus, direct and manage the efforts of external legal and other resources.
- Quality and execution focused.
- Possess strong leadership qualities to motivate colleagues and clients to drive initiatives to conclusion rapidly and efficiently.
No third party solicitations or resumes will be accepted for this or any other Strata Solar position.
Strata Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Strata Solar is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Storage (Warehousing)