MES - Principal Consultant - Multiple locations available
If you are an experienced MES Consultant looking to work with a team of MES specialists at some of the most innovative pharma manufacturing companies in the world, this position should interest you. Our Emerson Life Science global team of MES engineers currently work on projects for customers involving Cell and Gene therapies, chemical synthesis, biopharma, and other Life Science areas.
We are actively helping our customers to bring products to market with efficiency through accelerated product release through deviation management, process enforcement, ensuring record completion, and real-time equipment/material verification. Our teams also deliver high value system integrations to ERP, LIMS, CMMS, and control systems – including Emerson’s own, industry-leading, DeltaV DCS, as we deliver value with our Syncade MES platform.
AS AN MES PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT, YOU WILL:
- Architect and lead the implementation of MES and system integration projects for Life Sciences customers, applying S95 project concepts
- Independently leads multi-discipline technologies on mega-projects or programs of high complexity
- Conduct customer/project workshops, utilizing Emerson’s MES project methodology, to analyze user requirements to define functional requirements for MES solutions through client interviews and documentation analysis
- Develop detailed designs, implement, troubleshoot and test Syncade MES solutions that meet client requirements
- Provide project execution leadership and mentor fellow project members
- Acts internally and externally as an industry-wide expert in MES.
- Accountable for the successful application of technology in the organization and for developing customer relationships. Capable of directing the activities of multiple Lead Engineers, Technical Consultants, or Senior Technical Consultants
- Directs discussions determining strategic operating policies or technical direction, devising ways of reaching objectives in the most economical manner and of solving unusual complex technical problems involving several disciplines.
- Understanding, exposure and adherence to Quality Management
- Work effectively at different levels within project teams, client organizations and sales
- Refine/optimize and follow Business Process Maps and/or Use Cases for configuration of execution workflows
- Develop and improve processes, procedures and tools used in the execution of projects
- Work with customers to influence long-term manufacturing plans and strategies, identify potential projects, explain Emerson products and services capabilities and frame those projects including financial justification.
- Act as a liaison between the internal project team, internal management, and customer project teams and management
WHO YOU ARE:
You set aggressive goals and have high standards. You facilitate an open dialogue with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders. You articulate messages in a way that is broadly understandable. You articulate messages in a way that is broadly understandable. You experiment with a wide range of existing technologies while applying new and emerging options that can enhance organizational outcomes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- BS degree with minimum of 15 years overall experience, including a minimum of 10 years project experience, and at least 8 years’ experience working on MES projects in the Life Sciences industry
- Deployment experience with plant floor/Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) solutions (e.g. Syncade, Rockwell, ProPack Data, Werum PAS-X)
- Knowledgeable in FDA validation requirements preferred, including: User Requirement and Design Specs, Business Process Procedures, Design Reviews, Requirements gathering
- Experience with SDLC (Waterfall/Agile)
- Experience developing user requirements, Functional Specification documents and test scripts for MES projects.
- A minimum of 25% travel is expected with this position. Travel will be mostly domestic, but some international travel may be required
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our[ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
- User Requirements Documents
- Functional Requirement
- Requirements Elicitation
- Functional Specification
- Business Process