You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Chief Facilities Engineer
Chief Facilities Engineer (Subsea)
Fixed Term Contract (12-18 months - may become perm)
We are looking for a Chief Facilities Engineer (Subsea) to provide subsea engineering input and act as subsea technical authority for our subsea developments and projects.
You will be expected to act as an integrated member of multiple development and project teams and contribute from 'within' the teams in a technical engineering capacity to ensure innovative and fit-for-purpose development concepts are identified, vetted, taken forward, and delivered in accordance with the required industry standards and company minimum requirements, which you will define. The Chief Facilities Engineer (Subsea) will act as a technical reference point for all subsea matters including interpretation of industry codes and standards, and advising on matters of design, integrity, strength, fatigue, interference analysis, etc and will be expected to propose innovative solutions to the project teams without impairing safety, integrity or other project objectives.
The Successful Candidate Will Be Responsible For:
- Scoping and managing ad-hoc subsea engineering studies.
- Development and maintenance of company minimum requirements in line with currently applicable subsea industry standards and regulations in support of planned projects.
- Acting as technical authority for subsea matters.
- Prepare decision record memorandums and management of change documentation to record key technical recommendations, supported where necessary by relevant in-house calculations and detailed engineering assessments.
- Ensure that contractor designs satisfy the EHS, technical, operational and project objectives and company minimum requirements.
- Contribute to design reviews, framing sessions and option generation workshops.
- Provide input to project reporting and project controls processes as required.
- Prepare for and participate in 'stage gate' assurance reviews.
- Extensive subsea oil and gas engineering experience including Engineering Manager or Technical Authority experience.
- Recognised industry expertise in subsea deep or ultra-deep water (West Africa and/or Gulf of Mexico highly desirable).
- A track record of proposing creative solutions that significantly improve the economics for marginal subsea developments.
- In depth engineering knowledge of subsea controls, structures, subsea processing, umbilicals, flexible flowlines, rigid pipelines, subsea architecture, fabrication, testing, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Thorough knowledge of subsea standards and their application and good industry practice.
- Operator and subsea contractor engineering experience.
- Excellent communication skills; clearly able to articulate, document and present complex technical information for non-technical audiences and to summarise key recommendations for decision making.
- Engineering Degree
- Chartered member of a relevant engineering body
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Decision Making
Job ID: BBBH42583