Our client is a small-scale manufacturer of bespoke and semi-bespoke high-end mass spectrometers supporting a range of applications including geophysics / geochemistry research, materials science, quality assurance and the nuclear industry.
We are currently recruiting Test and Installation Engineers to join our client's team.
What is a Test and Installation Engineer?
Once our client's assembly team has finished initial construction of each mass spectrometer, the team of Test and Installation Engineers is responsible for bringing them online, installing end-user configuration and running them through a series of calibrations and performance specifications
Due to the small-scale nature of the manufacturing, there are often problems that need to be solved along the way. Once tested, the instruments are shipped out to end-users around the globe. Once delivered, Test and Installation Engineers travel out to sites and set up the mass spectrometers in end-users' laboratories, re-calibrate them, and teach the end-users how to operate and maintain their new mass spectrometers.
This role suits those who are naturally curious, comfortable with solo international travel and able to work well with a diverse range of people. Experience working with scientific equipment is desirable, along with a basic understanding of physics, chemistry and electronics.
* Adherence at all times to the published Company Procedures
* To understand and comply with the Company's Quality Statement
* To meet deadlines (with regard to test and installing of products)
* To carry out any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Company
* Maintain the Company image, especially whilst at customer site, or representing the Company
* Maintain safe working environment for yourself and others, at all times
* Ensure all products meet required performance criteria
* Ensure all products meet required quality and safety criteria
* Maintain/produce factory test reports as required
* Maintain factory test and installation Smartsheets Install products on-site, meeting all contractual performance and quality/safety requirements
* Provide customer training in the factory and on-site where required
* Produce/provide onsite test reports and Smartsheets
* Provide support the Service department, either by performing service visits or email/phone/remote support, if requested by the Test & Installation Manager
* To ensure the working area is kept tidy and organised
* Physical manual handling of instrument components
* Working at floor level, up to shoulder height
* Retention and communication of knowledge and information
* Interaction with customers and users from across the world
* Worldwide travel, sometimes at short notice and/or for prolonged periods
* Handling of chemical samples (solid, liquid and gas)
* Building Teams and Teamwork Actively and willingly contributes to the team by contributing individual share of the work and supporting team decisions
* Can identify, build, and maintain working relationships both internally and externally
* Values - respects diversity; treats others fairly and consistently
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
- Manual Handling
- Safety Principles