Canada - VancouverProject Location(s):
Vancouver, BC V5K 0A1 CANMinimum Years Experience:
Bachelors DegreeJob Family:
Position Description: Lead all fiscal management and financial administration aspects of project and communicate any potential profitability or risk to management.
Reports To: Accounting Manager, Operational Finance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up, lead, and implement procedures for mega project ($200MM+) includes complex contract types, joint ventures, speciality building types and national clients.
- Ensure client contractual requirements are met for billing and A/R, includes client contract analysis to determine billing deadlines, payments terms, billable and non-reimbursable expenses, agreements for insurance and fee billings and approved staff and/or trade labor billing rates.
- Create supportive environment to develop high performing team, provide training opportunities, and engage in mentoring.
- Supervise assistant accountants and accounting clerks, provide timely performance feedback and contribute to performance appraisals utilizing talent management systems.
- Regularly audit client billing and project ledger, ensure adherence to contract requirements, GAAP and company policies.
- Implement and maintain internal project control safeguards.
- Manage A/P for vendor invoice processing, ensure proper sales and use tax and keep accounts up to date for assigned projects.
- Manage A/P for subcontractor invoice processing, ensure applicable lien waivers are submitted and contracts and insurance requirements are in place prior to scheduling payments. Report any subcontractor payment issues to project.
- Manage month-close process ensure client bills and project costs are posted or accrued.
- Manage project financial closeout with project. Ensure final contract amount and closeout documentation requirements are met and agreed by subcontractors prior to issuing final payments.
- Responsible for cash position reports and communication of potential risks or profitability to project.
- Coordinate preparation of financial, special analyses, and informational reports for project.
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education or experience
- Construction industry experience preferred
- Supervisory of small team
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and company policies
- Ability to read and understand financial reports
- Analytic ability to review and assess financial data, interpret trends, and recognize inconsistencies
- Ability to apply critical thinking to manage through complex decisions and judgments
- Understand accounting implications of various contract terms
- Display actions related to profitability and risk and communicate issues
- Exercise independent judgment, identify problems and initiate corrective action
- Able to manage competing activities, requests, and short-cycle deadlines
- Proficient in financial systems, SAP and Textura, advanced MS Excel
- Self-motivated, adaptable and flexible to operate with minimal direction in complex environment
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity EmployerMinorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available, including for applicants with disabilities, in the application and recruitment process, upon request.