Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Specialist to join our Non-metallic Applications Development Division, which is responsible for conducting cutting-edge research activities to disrupt Non-metallic businesses and enable further adoption of polymeric materials at a global level. The division's goal is to develop innovative composites-based technologies, which enable increased demand for polymers in five main sectors (Oil & Gas, Building & Construction, Automotive, Renewables and Packaging).
The Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Specialist’s primary role is to develop and implement new research programs focusing on cost-effective lightweight carbon fiber-based composites for automotive applications, and to establish partnerships with national and international organizations in order to advance and ensure effective commercialization of technological developments.
- Work with research organizations and manufacturers to identify technical gaps and challenges that hinder vast penetration of carbon fiber reinforced plastic in the Automotive sector.
- Conduct technical feasibility studies, designing R&D strategies targeting lowering the cost of carbon fiber and associated composites.
- Launch research projects, lead lab technicians and junior scientists, and engage external partners to advance the technology readiness level of the targeted developments.
- Project planning, execution, implementation and data analysis, as well as liaising with stakeholders to ensure seamless integration with ongoing efforts associated with non-metallic initiatives.
- Train junior scientists and engineers while remaining current with engineering and scientific technological developments of carbon fiber manufacturing using a variety of precursors, conventional/advanced manufacturing processes of composites, design methodologies of composite parts for automotive applications and suitability aspects of composites.
- PhD in Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science or Physics.
- Ten years of R&D experience in materials synthesis and composite development, including at least five years of industrial experience in the area of carbon fiber manufacturing and Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic development.
- Ability to set corporate R&D strategies, develop technology roadmaps, connecting innovation ecosystem players and establishing new business partnerships.
- Ability to identify competencies gaps; and to build, manage, and lead R&D teams.
- Experience in complex project management, including: milestone tracking; project finance and contracts development; as well as technology licensing and commercialization.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills, with the ability to influence and build relationships with customers.
- Ability to identify technical challenges related to out-of-autoclave composites manufacturing towards speeding up the cycle of polymers and polymer composites processing for cost-effective high-volume manufacturing.
- Skilled in identifying technical challenges related to low-cost carbon fiber manufacturing, and launching new research projects to tackle these challenges, such as developing new synthetic methods and fabrication procedures for carbon fiber technology with enhanced performance.
- Ability to establish new research programs to overcome the existing challenges of composites processing, (e.g. scrap rate, time cycle, and repair of common and arising manufacturing processes, such as filament winding, automated tape placement, additive manufacturing, injection overmolding and on-site manufacturing).
- Ability to work closely with partners in order to integrate developed technologies in real-world applications in collaboration with automotive OEMs.
- Able to publish papers in highly-recognized journals, present research outcomes in international events, and secure patents based on novel research results.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
- Contract Management
- Data Analysis
- Injection Molding