Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Calpine Solutions is looking for a skilled software developer that has a proven record of successfully executing on strategic business initiatives. You will contribute to projects that range from maintaining business-critical software to implementation of enterprise-scale applications.
The ideal candidate for this role is a full-stack developer familiar with database best practices, common design patterns and web application implementation. You will be managing multiple projects of varying priority and providing assistance to end users ranging from answering stakeholder questions through investigation of complex programs and databases.
• Design and implement web applications.
• Maintain and enhance existing application platforms with latest technology standards.
• Debug, troubleshoot, and test new and existing applications.
• Ability to move between priorities in a fast-paced environment and deliver high quality results.
• Familiarity with and ability to thoughtfully apply design patterns
SUPERVISION of DIRECT REPORTS:
Works as a member of a team to provide technical solutions to complex business problems.
• Undergraduate degree in information systems, computer science, or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
• 7+ years of experience in developing software applications in the Microsoft .NET stack or equivalent experience, advanced degrees, or demonstrated skills.
• 2+ years’ experience with a web framework such as Angular or React.
• Familiarity with Git and CI/CD, preferably with Azure DevOps
• Strong understanding of object-oriented principles, .NET Core and Web APIs.
• Microsoft SQL Server experience including database design and stored procedures.
• Experience with the following is preferred:
o Familiarity of Azure PaaS development
o Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365
• Requires excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Ability to identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend, and implement solutions.
• Must be self-motivated, goal oriented, and able to learn independently.
• Requires problem solving ability and sufficient knowledge of system analysis skills.
• Must possess initiative, decision-making skills and problem solving abilities.
• Experience with every phase of the System Development Life Cycle
• Responsible for analyzing project estimates and providing cost estimates to management team.
• Responsible for monitoring project and team costs to a budget.
• Sitting and standing for long periods of time.
- Vaccination Information: Calpine requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment - if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Calpine’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [ Email address blocked ] . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- .Net Framework