Operations Technicians- Woodside Karratha
Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specializing in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with a Major Oil & Gas operator to source OPERATIONS TECHNICIANS to be FIFO to Karratha WA . This is a 12 months contract role working 12 hours per day.
About the Role:
The Operations Technicians are responsible delivering safe, reliable and efficient operations and maintenance of the onshore production assets as part of a multi-discipline team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
These positions will be based for residentially based people in Karratha OR FIFO from Perth only
• Working effectively as part of a diverse Operations team to achieve assigned activities safely and to schedule
Skills & Experience:
• Operating and monitoring process systems and equipment associated with oil and gas processing, utilities and safety systems
• Participation in crisis management/emergency response scenarios
• Production optimization, reporting and testing
• Facilitating permits under the permit to work system
• Learning and development including maintaining competency in both Licence to Operate (LTO) and role requirements
• Contribution of continuous improvement ideas including using technology to achieve better outcomes
- Accredited Operator competency certificate III or equivalent is preferred, however people with an electrical, instrumentation or mechanical trade or process engineering qualification will be considered
- Ability to work effectively/contribute as part of a diverse frontline team with an inclusive culture
- Exposure to the preparation of plant and equipment under a Permit to Work system in a high-risk environment where decisions need to be made quickly
- emergency response scenario experience preferred
- Operational discipline: a commitment to do things right, every time
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to influence others
- Ability to work with uncertainty with excellent critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, results driven, curious and genuine interest in the Oil and Gas industry
Day Rate: Please let us know with each candidate - what their rate expectation is
Start Date: ASAP
Duration of Assignment: 12 months
Number of Positions: multiple
Roster: 2 weeks on / 3 weeks off - 12-hour days
Additional Information / Project specifics: Ideally - we would like people who have previous KGP experience. We would be happy to recruit someone who has been through our traineeship process but has limited additional industry experience over someone with significant industry experience but no KGP experience.
Karratha based people - first preference
FIFO with KGP exp - next preference.
If you would like to be considered for the position, send your updated CV to [ Link removed ] and available time to call you to disccused the role.
- Business Process Improvement
- Crisis Management
- Critical Thinking
- Hardworking And Dedicated