MES SENIOR TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
Remote work allowed for this role. If you are an experienced MES engineer looking to work with a team of MES specialists at some of the most innovative pharma manufacturing companies in the world, this position should interest you. Our Emerson Life Science global team of MES engineers currently work on projects for customers involving Cell and Gene therapies, chemical synthesis, biopharma, and other Life Science areas.
We are actively helping our customers to bring products to market with efficiency through accelerated product release through deviation management, process enforcement, ensuring record completion, and real-time equipment/material verification. Our teams also deliver high value system integrations to ERP, LIMS, CMMS, and control systems – including Emerson’s own, industry-leading, DeltaV DCS, as we deliver value with our Syncade MES platform.
AS AN MES SENIOR TECHNICAL CONSULTANT YOU WILL:
- Proactively develop customer relationships; anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs giving high priority to customer satisfaction
- Architect and lead the implementation of MES and system integration solutions projects
- Conduct workshops to analyze user requirements to define functional requirements for MES solutions through client interviews and documentation analysis
- Plan and organize the work of a project team, develop the implementation strategies for projects, act as a mentor for individuals within the group, and resolve issues within project teams while leading the team
- Develop detailed designs, implement, troubleshoot and test Syncade MES solutions that meet client requirements
- Refine/optimize and follow Business Process Maps and/or User Cases for configuration of execution workflows
- Develop and improve processes, procedures and tools used in the execution of projects
- Act as a liaison between the internal project team, internal management, sales and customer project teams and management
- Understand the project scope and financials, and participate in the framing and quoting of projects to ensure successful project execution
- Identify change orders and justify changes to Project Management; resolve issues and establish priorities between projects
- Start-up complex systems at customers’ plants
WHO YOU ARE:
You achieve and are consistently known as a top performer. You facilitate an open dialogue with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders. You deliver messages in a clear, compelling, and concise manner. You continually scan the environment for technology breakthroughs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science Minimum of 12 years MES project experience, and at least 5 years’ experience working on MES projects in Biotech or Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- MES project leadership and implementation experience including workflows, equipment management and materials management in Biotech or Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Recognized by others as a MES expert in Biotech or Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as both a leader and an individual contributor
- Experience with SDLC (Waterfall/Agile)
- Experience in at least one computer language in a regulated environment
- Experience developing user requirements, Functional Specification documents and test scripts for MES projects.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- A minimum of 25% travel is expected with this position. Travel will be mostly domestic, but some international travel may be required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- ERP or Quality Systems integration a plus.
- Knowledgeable in FDA validation requirements
- Experience with regulatory/compliance documentation and procedures is a plus
- Experience with .NET technologies
[ Link removed ]
Commitment to Support Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ]
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
- User Requirements Documents
- Business Process
- Functional Requirement
- Systems Integration