A. Purpose of the job:
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the monthly forecasting, closing, reporting and variance analysis, providing insight and analysis to the Business while ensuring accurate and timely reporting that meets international accounting standards.
- Ability to take initiative and implement improvements in a minimally structured environment.
- Flexibility and availability to provide support after normal European business hours during certain times in the month.
- Ability to effectively communicate with different stakeholders on the Koln site inside and outside the business unit, taking into account cultural and behavioural differences.
C. Accountabilities of the job:
- Perform monthly and annual closing processes, explaining absolute and relative performance vs budget and forecasts.
- Act as a business partner to the Business team, supporting and steering decisions with accurate data and analysis.
- Provide timely, reliable and accurate monthly performance reports and forecast for P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash with supporting explanations for variances and trends, for inclusion in the Group EXCO and month end reporting enabling management to make sound business decisions
- Deliver timely, reliable and accurate monthly performance reports and forecast for revenue, variable costs, energy, utility costs, production yields as well as fixed cost and capex reports, with analysis and clear concise commentary on variances and trends. Challenge where applicable to ensure the correct accounting treatment is being applied and business decisions are in line with expectation. Resolve any issues that arise.
- Work with the site management team to collate and prepare the annual budget for the site ensuring that it conforms to the overriding principles as set out and in doing so meet the requirements.
- Promote effective cost management amongst budget holders and decision makers, providing support and advice on the financial implications of all business activity; make recommendations to improve performance and provide coaching and guidance to key decision makers to optimise financial performance
- Actively seek to improve reporting through innovation, simplicity, consistency, within Finance and across Commercial, Procurement and Operations.
- Responsibility for the service level agreements with the host site for central services through control and discussion on any variances with the counterparty on a monthly basis for actual costs incurred and forecast.
- Perform DCF valuations for new capital projects, advising on IRR and payback of capex proposals.
- Perform any external reporting, including VAT, margin calculations and intrastat as required
- Process relevant journals and accruals
- Join ad-hoc project teams in order to help achieve specific goals
- Build and maintain good working relationships with key suppliers and organisations including external auditors, taxation authorities, insurers and bankers
- Main point of contact for the external auditors.
- Work closely with LRD´s to ensure they have the timely accurate financial information and support required.
- Provide information, share knowledge and understanding of data to other functions when required
- Any other finance duties as they arise
- Champions the Safety Principles.
Number or amount in €Turnover
€57 million Business complexity
- 1 site (Koln)
- 2 assets
Supervision of staff: Give the number of people you supervise. "Direct" means that they report directly to you.
E. Main contacts:
Frequency of contacts
My role in those contacts
Purpose of contacts
Delivery of information, analysis and reports
Site results, forecast and analysis as input for high quality global management reporting
Ad-hoc requests for business intelligence
Analysis, insights, data
Distribution entities (LRD)
Analysis, insights, data
Koln Plant manager
Cost and performance tracking
Understanding of variable cost development
Understanding of sales and margin development
F. Required profile:
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Professional qualification - ACA, CIMA or similar is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience in accounting and finance with a proven track record.
- A high level of technical accounting knowledge is required including IFRS.
- Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Well-developed PC skills, especially in Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of SAP. Familiarity with Hyperion is a plus.
- Proactive with strong interpersonal skills. Able to present information effectively and persuasively to other people both internally and externally so that a course of action can be taken even when there is no authority.
- Able to work efficiently and accurately ensuring tight deadlines are met with high standards. Good time management and organisational skills.
- Pragmatic, flexible and adaptable meeting the changing demands.
- Able to think analytically and strategically to review and constantly improve the financial reporting.
- Able to take ownership of the processes under control, propose and implement solutions to identified issues
- Effective relationship builder. Works effectively independently and as a team member, contributing, supporting and as required leading other team members. Builds trust and respect with team members.
G. Performance indicators:
- Excellent business acumen and understanding of value drivers. Considered go-to person by Commercial, Procurement and Operations teams for analysis and insight on value drivers.
- Monthly and yearly close and management reporting obligations are met on time and to a high standard.
- Year end audit results with no major findings and/or subsequent adjustments.
- Dependable and timely financial results and analysis for sound decision making.
- Internal customers agree that financial reporting and advice contribute to business success
- Monthly forecast and yearly budget submission timetable and reporting requirements are met.
TEC Group International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Accrual Accounting
- Business Intelligence