People Services Manager
Job Information Reporting To Director of People Services
Location Liverpool, UK
Seadrill is one of the world’s most modern offshore integrated drilling companies. Using world leading technology, we operate in 15 countries across 5 continents, employing some 4,000 people representing 65 nationalities. Our vision is to Set the Standard in Drilling. It’s an ambitious goal and we all play a part in achieving this.
We recognise that our people are key to helping us to achieve our vision so we have fostered an inclusive culture that supports and celebrates diversity of thought. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we operate in.
Help us to keep innovating, improving and maintaining the highest safety records and service delivery. In return we offer support and development opportunities that help you to unlock your full potential
The role is accountable for the leadership and delivery of a customer centric end to end HR Administration service. Acting as the relationship lead for customers including employees, managers, HR and where required external stakeholders. As a member of the People Services leadership team, they will be responsible for driving a continuous service improvement approach through people, process and technology. Typically planning 6 – 12 months ahead in activity and workload planning.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the People Services team to provide a customer centric end to end HR Administration service across our global business, ensuring all SLAs/KPIs are consistently met.
- Proactively role model excellent customer service by putting the customer first to create a culture of excellence in customer experience
- Act as the point of escalation and subject matter expert for any transactions, contractual or procedural actions and queries that require review, guidance or problem resolution. Taking personal responsibility to ensure that a satisfactory outcome is reached
- Organise the team to ensure that they are multi-disciplinary and able to support all aspects of the employee life cycle service, to manage the workloads and in the event of high demands
- Lead activities through the team, coaching for capability improvement and support them to exceed customer expectations.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement to proactively improve the processes and the services provided
- Communicate effectively with the Payroll team to ensure that pay impacting changes are completed accurately and in line with business process.
- Collaborate with the wider HR function to understand the business needs to deliver an effective service for our customers
- Actively participate and contribute to the People Services change journey and where required involvement in activities to ensure consistency across the function
- Communicate continuously with the People Services team and externally with stakeholders to ensure that they understand how the team and the function are performing against SLA’s
- Set the governance of high standards of compliance, ensuring the maintenance of accurate employee and HR records, in line with Data Protection legislation and company policies
SAFETY AT SEADRILL
Our goal is to ensure that ‘nobody gets hurt’ whilst performing their job. Everyone at Seadrill has a part to play in meeting our safety commitment.
Through strong leadership and personal responsibility from all employees, we take a systematic approach to identifying, managing and preventing the hazards involved in our day to day operations. Nothing is more important to us than the health, safety and security of our workforce and the communities in which we operate and behaving responsibly towards our shared environment. We are vigilant, disciplined and always looking out for one another. We have developed and embedded a strong safety culture onshore and offshore, fostered by all employees, who each have a personal responsibility and the authority to put an immediate stop to the job if they believe it to be unsafe. Everyone at Seadrill is accountable for helping to build this culture of care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You have worked in a HR Operations environment for a multinational organisation
- You have been involved in the set-up of a new team that delivers service to a business or function
- You are an experienced leader and are able to coach individuals / teams for high performance
- You understand of the importance of the employee experience, relationship management and role model an excellent customer service mindset in a HR service environment
- You understand and are familiar with the full recruit to retire lifecycle, procedures and policies
- You understand and are experienced in the operational delivery of HR Shared Services
- You can demonstrate strong delivery against performance targets that have been set
- You are self-motivated and the ability to work with minimum supervision
- You apply sound judgement and empathy when dealing with both internal and external customers
- You have personal stamina and resilience of character that can manage peaks of activity or challenge
- You embrace change and remain focused on aspects that can be influenced.
- You are solution focused, with a proactive approach and ‘can do’ attitude, with an ability to deliver service at pace with agility and pragmatism
- You proactively plan and anticipate the needs of the service, acting where required to meet the needs of the service and escalate where appropriate and necessary
- You understand how the activities of HR Services impacts on other areas of an organisation and its employees.
- You have experience of working within the HR function of an offshore drilling company
- You have experience of working with HR Information Systems and Shared Services tools such as Case Management, telephony, electronic document management systems
- Experience of hybrid shared service model environments and management of third-party suppliers as an intrinsic aspect of service delivery
- Exposure to integrating modern automations (RPA) into core process and services advantageous
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA in Human Resources or equivalent experience
- Global Business Services / Shared Services qualifications or accreditations
We value our people and want to retain them. So, we offer a competitive package built around an attractive base salary and a range of benefits tailored to your location.
Join Seadrill. Own the Opportunity.
- People Services
- Complex Problem Solving
- Service Delivery