Jacobs is seeking a Junior Software Assurance Engineer to support the newly awarded NISSC II contract. Your career at Jacobs enables NISSC to fulfill its mission to “provide classified communications and processing for Command and Control (C2) capability in organizational work centers at NISSC sites.” As a member of our team, you will support corporate and customer mission to provide world-class IT services and support that connects systems and users across NORAD in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, cyber security, systems administration, and other mission-critical areas.
The Junior Software Assurance Engineer ensures the technical correctness of the NISSC II-covered software by performing static analysis, defect analysis, and other measures. Review and explain defects and provide recommended solutions to technical or managerial audiences as well as make recommendations for managing and setting thresholds for actual findings versus false-positive findings in the SAST tool.
Typical Duties Include:
- Perform technical engineering support and research in the area of software assurance to include the analysis of software source code and binary executable files
- Perform software assurance tasks in support of the NISSC II Government ISSM, cyber assurance staff and other senior management
- Perform software analysis using automated analysis tools and manual techniques to identify exploitable vulnerabilities, and malicious indicators in software applications
- Provide detailed reports of identified issues, and work with cybersecurity and software development personnel to analyze and assist in identifying mitigations
- Conduct research on emerging software assurance tools and provide detailed reports on tool capabilities and applicability to the software assurance requirements as needed
- Examine potential security violations to determine if policy has been breached and respond in accordance with the Incident Response Plan
- Attend software assurance working group meetings and briefings as required
- Advanced troubleshooting skills for supporting complex software and infrastructures with high-reliability requirements.
Clearance Requirements: Secret
Educational Requirements: BS degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity or related discipline and 1 to 2 years of direct engineering experience.
Certification Requirements: DoD 8570 IAT II certification eligibility requirements (e.g., Security CE) ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire
- 1-2 years of relevant experience that includes both software development and cyber security experience.
- Experience in scripting languages (Python, Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Experience in secure coding practices.
- Experience in using Checkmarx CxSAST or other code scanning tools & methods (such as Fortify)
- Experience coding with C, C , C#, .net, or JAVA
- Familiarity with DoD STIGs
- Experience setting thresholds for false-positive findings in Checkmarx CxSAST
- Experience working with Government Cyber personnel to make recommendations on software assurance levels
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles
- Experience working in a SAFe Agile environment
- Experience identifying and understanding Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) notices
- Experience generating Threat Detection & Vulnerability Assessment reports
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions.
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy, and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs.
- Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- May require climbing, working at heights, and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets, and server racks.
- Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time.
- Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions.
- Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches, routers, and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders, and test equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with the established work schedule is mandatory.
- Shift Work is required to support operations. The candidate chosen for this position will work varying shifts.
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise.
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work.
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions.
- Continental and overseas travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace.
- Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military, and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress are usually business casual, but dependent on the client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
The position for which you are applying requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., a citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
This position is expected to pay $90,000 - $110,000 annually; depending on experience, education, and any certifications that are directly related to the position.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include education reimbursement, retirement benefits (401K match), employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, tax saving options, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]
- .Net Framework
- Agile Methodology
- Audio Equipments
- Bash (Scripting Language)
- C (Programming Language)
- C Sharp (Programming Language)