Charlotte, NC, US, 28203 North Charleston, SC, US, 29405 Raleigh, NC, US, 27607 Savannah, GA, US, 31401
Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn’s success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
The Aptitude Superintendent 2 will manage and execute more complex projects as it relates to intelligent integration. This position will be responsible for managing Aptitude Intelligent trade partners, planning all construction sequencing and meeting project goals to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
Autonomy and Decision Making: Makes decisions within defined limits of authority and consults supervisor on other decisions.
Career Path: Senior Aptitude Superintendent
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
APTITUDE SUPERINTENDENT FAMILY - CORE
• Leads all aspects of the company’s safety culture and creates awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
• Responsible for all client and project team communication and issue escalation as it relates to low voltage scopes of work.
• Coordinates technology related design and construction efforts that meet the constructability, quality, financial and technical standards.
• Manages and oversees company staff, low voltage technology subcontractors, suppliers and programs such as Safety, Quality and EEOC for a small project or a major portion of a larger project.
• Develops work plans for low voltage technology subcontractors and self-performed work.
• Coordinates and manages the care, custody, and control of their assigned low voltage scope of work.
• Creates, manages, changes, and implements the project’s schedule as needed, in conjunction with the Aptitude Project Manager.
• May be responsible for tracking and monitoring project budget and costs by using the project management system’s cost reports and data from the project manager.
• Communicates key project information to owners, design team, governing authorities, subcontractors, suppliers, and other departments.
• Updates drawings, logs, diaries, and inspection notebooks.
• Approves and/or records unit cost information for weekly reports and completes daily reports, logs, and tracking reports.
• Evaluates progress on self-perform work and makes adjustments as needed.
• Manages material and equipment needs for the project.
• Assists in the selection of the formwork, tools, and equipment necessary to complete the low voltage technology systems installation and implementation.
• Manages timecard approval process to ensure reporting of accurate hours and proper cost codes.
• Coordinates with all trades to ensure the low voltage technology systems conduit, pathway, and back-box infrastructure are installed as required, prior to cabling and device installation.
• Ensures quality compliance through use of specifications, setting quality standards, in–house QA/QC and outside resources.
• Supports the project closeouts by supervising pre-punch activities and coordinating activities with the owner, architect, and governing authorities.
• Participates in the new project pursuit process.
• Participates with field operations leadership and project team to put together a project pre plan; implements, monitors, and adjusts as needed throughout the project lifecycle.
• Partners with leadership to establish local workforce for their assigned project.
• Partners with project management to identify schedule and costs associated with project changes.
• Participates with the project team in preparation and presentation for all project review meetings, including the monthly review process.
• Understands and applies the terms and conditions of the owner and subcontractor contracts for the project.
• Leads, supports and promotes a culture of diversity and inclusion within JE Dunn. Understands JE Dunn’s policy of non-discrimination and ensures positive, proactive implementation throughout the organization.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
APTITUDE SUPERINTENDENT 2
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
Manages fairly complex projects from start to finish.
Assumes responsibility for management, scheduling, production, quality and safety on their project or their portion of the project.
Identifies, understands and actively manages project risks for their scopes of work.
Utilizes awareness, experience and knowledge to identify problems and recommends solutions for review and implementation by the team.
Participates with project team in project pursuits.
Participates in the negotiation process with the owner and architect to gain agreement for project changes.
Engages trade partners as needed to execute scopes of work.
Applies knowledge of all Low Voltage Systems Connections to day to day project deliverables.
Configures/programs Project to Project Software needed for testing and troubleshooting as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner
Thorough understanding of low voltage technology systems, including but not limited to structured cabling, access control, video surveillance, fire alarm, audio-visual, building automation, nurse call, infant security, RTLS, phone systems, and network electronics
Thorough understanding and ability to work across multiple vertical markets
Extensive knowledge of all Low Voltage Systems Connections
Ability to configure and program project to project software needed for testing and troubleshooting
Communication skills, verbal and written – Intermediate
Ability to conduct effective presentations
Proficiency in MS Office – Intermediate
Ability to apply fundamentals of the means and methods of construction management to projects
Knowledge of project processes and how each supports the successful completion of a project
Proficiency in required JE Dunn construction technology
Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy
Demonstrated knowledge of specific trades and low voltage scopes of work – Intermediate
Demonstrated knowledge of self-perform and labor productivity
Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate future work through building relationships
Knowledge of Div 8/23/25/27/28 low voltage systems – Intermediate
Knowledge of organizational structure and available resources
Basic understanding of blueprint drawings
Ability to understand document changes and impact to the project schedule
Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally
High School Diploma or GED (Required)
Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field (Preferred)
In lieu of the above requirements, relevant experience will be considered
5+ years construction experience (Required)
5+ years experience in Division 8/23/25/27/28 related systems (Required)
3+ years field supervision experience (Required)
5+ years experience managing projects (Preferred)
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
May require periods of travel and/or relocation
May be exposed to extreme conditions (hot or cold)
Must be willing to work non-traditional hours to meet project needs
Frequent activity: Standing, Walking, Climbing, Bending, Reaching above Shoulder, Pushing, Pulling
Occasional activity: Sitting, Viewing Computer Screen
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your request to [ Email address blocked ]
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails. #INDAPT
- Access Controls
- Building Automation
- Coaching And Mentoring