Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today [ Link removed ]
Position Specific Description
Florida Power & Light Company has an opportunity for an experienced communicator who is passionate about sharing our company’s terrific story with stakeholders through creative, compelling and innovative communications.
As part of the corporate communications team, this professional will develop and execute strategic communication plans in support of corporate and financial communication initiatives. As part of the corporate communications team, this teammate will be responsible for developing news releases, talking points, presentations and other materials to enhance corporate reputation and communicate financial and business performance to national, financial and trade media, shareholders and investors, customers, employees and other key stakeholders. In addition, this team member will be responsible for developing communication strategies and materials in support of, but not limited to, quarterly financial results, environmental, social and governance matters, other corporate reports, and major corporate initiatives, including mergers, acquisitions and transactions. This team member also will assist with media relations responsibilities and develop content for the company’s online newsroom. This team member will serve as a trusted and strategic communications partner and advisor to the investor relations, finance and treasury teams, among others, as well as support emergent communications needs and other business priorities, as required.
This team member should have strong understanding of business, financial communications, corporate reputation and issues management. An exceptional writer and editor, this team member is required to translate complex information into clear, compelling messages. The team uses AP style for all written communications. The team member should also be tech savvy and have the ability to create content across multiple communication channels and formats, including written (AP style), digital and video. The team uses a variety of technologies (Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Acoustic/WCA email system, HTML/JAVA and more) to create and publish communications.
Other Tasks Include:
- Develops strategic communications plans and related materials to support corporate and financial objectives and priorities, particularly quarterly financial results and other financial-related matters, environmental social and governance topics and corporate reputation messaging.
- Serves as company spokesperson for corporate and financial media inquiries.
- Leads the development of the company’s environmental, social and governance report and messaging.
- Serves as a member of our daily news clips team, analyzing and compiling news articles of interest to the company.
- Interfaces with business unit leadership, subject matter experts and business process owners.
- Learns about the business and the initiatives and priorities of teams supported to become a trusted and knowledgeable communications partner and advisor.
- Creates and deploys content across multiple channels and formats, including written, video and digital.
- Uses content management platforms and digital communication platforms.
- Manages multiple projects with accountability and ownership to deliver superior results.
- Supports development and execution of emergent crisis communications, including storm support.
- Uses research and audience insight to develop communication plans, materials and tactics.
- Tracks performance and progress using quantifiable metrics and regularly reports results to key stakeholders.
- Collaborates with team members and others to develop projects, gather feedback and provide input.
- Uses team’s project management tool for requesting, scheduling and tracking work.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
This job is responsible for assisting with projects from the earliest stages of concept and development through to successful, on-time completion as measured by achievement of metrics. Employees in this role provide support in developing and executing communication plans and initiatives to support business objectives. Individuals in this position are expected to understand client needs and help to develop communication solutions.Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists with communication planning
• Develops key messages using research and analytics to drive planning and messaging
• Follows established processes, demonstrating discipline and organization in executing assignments and plans
• Builds and maintains great relationships with clients and co-workers
• Tracks performance and progress using quantifiable metrics
• Communicates frequently with cross-functional groups
• Works at both business unit and corporate levels
• Performs other job-related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
• Effective Written Communications
• Effective Verbal Communications
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's - Sciences
• Bachelor's - Arts
• Experience: 2+ yearsPreferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Marketing/Communications
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [ Link removed ] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call
. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our [ Link removed ] for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Adobe Experience Manager
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Business Communication
- Business Planning
- Business Priorities