Job Title: Construction Manager
Department: Project Delivery
Reports to: Director Project Delivery
Direct Reports: n/a
Indirect Reports: Suppliers and Subcontractors
Reporting Location: Madison, WI
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay: Full-Time Salaried Employee
OneEnergy is seeking an experienced commercial and/or utility-scale solar Construction Manager for the Midwest region. The Construction Manager will report to the Director of Delivery and work hand in hand with the Project Manager, Subcontractors, and other support staff. The position will have responsibility for all project site activities, including safety, compliance, Quality Assurance and Quality Control. The focus will be on our construction sites in Wisconsin and other areas in the Midwest. Although this job description requires a minimum of 3 years in solar energy facilities, we will consider training the right applicant from the ground up. However, an applicable Construction Management background and a passion for our industry will be required.
- Lead all day-to-day construction management activities on solar construction projects located in the Midwest region.
- Engage with the EPC contractor and various other project stakeholders as OneEnergy’s primary onsite contact person.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure consistent best practices for jobsite safety, quality, and subcontractor management.
- Provide steady and reliable communication while also managing schedule, budget, contractors, people, risk, and resources.
- Review construction requirements during the bid/proposal process and provide scope, budget, and schedule details as needed.
- Facilitate clear communication of project requirements and expectations between Construction Staff, Procurement, Engineering and Administrative staff to ensure all owner project needs and internal administrative requirements are met.
- Continually analyze construction methods for value and efficiency. Collaborate with Engineering to update and communicate best practices that allow OneEnergy to maintain an industry leadership position.
- Ensure contractor adherence to HSE and QAQC plans.
- Proactively prepare and communicate accurate project status summary or detailed reports to the management team, staff, or customers.
- Review construction requirements during the bid/proposal process and provide scope, budget, and schedule details as needed. Obtain or assist in obtaining all necessary permits.
- Provide leadership and support for the future project delivery strategy.
- Create and foster continuous improvement between internal teams, utilizing tools, and following company processes where directed.
- Operate in a professional, responsible, and collaborative manner with all project participants.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated track record of success in solar energy or related field.
- Strong attention to detail with organizational capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A proven ability to provide efficient, timely, and reliable service to project stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to take ownership, initiative, and accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to manage competing priorities often across functional and operational lines.
- Ability to contribute to an amicable working environment with other associates and employees.
- Position requires frequent travel, up to 25 to 50% of working time, depending on the time of year and the applicants’ home base.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of engineering, construction and/or technical project experience.
- PMP Certification preferred, but not required.
- Solar engineering or construction experience is required.
- A recent history of successfully building trust and respect in a symbiotic relationship.
- Advanced knowledge of safety and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the National Electrical Code.
- The proven ability to manage schedule and budget.
- Experience with managing construction sites from ground up.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of time management and organizational skills resulting in the ability to prioritize/manage multiple projects at various stages of delivery.
- Must possess strong quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Must have the ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and stress while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Excellent PC computer skills and familiarity with MS Office and Windows.
- Must have a “roll up your sleeves and let’s get the job done right” type attitude
OneEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building and sustaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that respects and values distinct cultures, experiences, perspectives and unique identities. One Energy strives to create a work environment that fosters our core values of respect and integrity in our workplace and the communities where we work.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Construction Management