Orion Group are sourcing a Senior Electrical Engineer on behalf of our client, a leading industrial services supplier to companies in the oil and gas, energy, chemical, pharmaceutical and steelworks sectors. This is a permanent position, based in Aberdeen.
Main responsibility is to deliver brownfield modification deliverables for assigned work in accordance with the applicable procedures and standards within the man hour and cost budgets and the project schedule targets. You will have a minimum of 5 years' relevant experience working in a UKCS brownfield modification environment. Accountabilities:
In this role, you are accountable for electrical engineering activities under the direction of the lead electrical and instrumentation engineer. Such activities include producing electrical equipment specifications, data sheets, calculations, drawings, and other pertinent engineering and design documentation to enable the procurement, installation, commissioning, and safe operation of electrical equipment as part of multidiscipline brownfield modifications.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in brownfield Concept, FEED and Detail Engineering projects and are able to deliver the Electrical scope on a project on time and within budget.
You will have relevant experience in:
- Development of engineering deliverables including specifications, calculations, datasheets, and technical drawings.
- Provide technical expertise to specify new or modifications to existing electrical equipment including but not limited to:
- HV/LV Switchgear
- HV/LV electrical drives
- UPS systems
- Power generation and distribution
- Lighting, small power and heat tracing systems
- Preparation of electrical engineering man-hour and material estimates.
- Identifying and managing project change.
- Engineering delivery in accordance with company and client health, safety, environmental and quality systems.
- Co-ordination and management of electrical third-party vendors and suppliers.
- Knowledge and understanding of international standards relating to electrical equipment and system design, current legislative and industry requirements.
- Site surveys and data gathering on brownfield projects.
The candidate should be aware of commercial, contractual, and administrative aspects of engineering within an EPC environment and be flexible with a "can-do" attitude.Qualifications/Experience required:
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity please call Cameron Lisle on 07701381227 or email [ Email address blocked ]
- Brownfield modification experience in onshore and offshore oil & gas environments is essential.
- MSc, Meng or equivalent professional qualification or BSc, BEng or equivalent with relevant experience.
- Experience preparing electrical engineering man-hour and material estimates.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively managing multiple tasks and projects.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, able to work to project schedules.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills including dealing with clients, vendors and third parties.
- Offshore survival and medical preferred.
- Member of a relevant professional engineering institution, preferably Chartered.
Our role in supporting diversity
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Installation Work
- Energy Production