You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit [ Link removed ]
Role: Business Analyst
Location: Remote (UK)
Terms: Permanent, full time
Reports to: Application Business Analyst Lead
Execution of the Build and Implementation phases for Applications Group projects
- Analysis of functional and system requirements, mapping relationships and dependencies between functional elements and identifying the critical path between.
- Develop, design and document current and future state processes and solution options, and any exceptions to the standard process.
- Conduct requirements elicitation, verification and validation.
- Prepare documentation in accordance with Worley’s Business Analysis standards.
- Determining business requirements to support systems implementation for the future-state process. Working with local or global IT to ensure the applications architecture and solution design meets the business requirements.
- Articulate requirements among clients, development, quality and other involved business units.
- Assist with performing user acceptance testing to ensure the system meets business requirements, and resolving any exceptions / defects.
- Support the Project Manager to identify and manage any system or process dependencies
- Provide input into project management deliverables such as schedule, effort estimation, status reporting, dashboards, risks, scope change management and cost / benefits.
- Document and contribute to project reviews, system evaluations, pilots, and vendor comparisons in accordance with system functional requirements.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ensure that any changes to the project comply with:
- Worley’s IT standards
- applicable statutory and regulatory requirements; and
- the project scope of work and quality & testing requirements
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills including written and verbal for both physical and virtual nature.
- Be assertive and have a project positive attitude towards assigned tasks and remain competent in promoting dedicated team culture.
- Proponent of Initiative Taking and the practice of Due Diligence.
Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices within IT Projects. Understand and follow Worley procedures.
Specific Knowledge / Experience:
- Experience as a Business Analyst across multiple concurrent sprints with different project teams.
- Familiarity with software development.
- Experience in Business process improvement/change planning, documenting and performing end user training.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Has outstanding organisational skills.
- Experience in agile software projects using Microsoft DevOps (or equivalent).
- Experience in analysis, design, development and testing of computer systems, applications and databases.
- Ability to understand and support Data mapping between Worley Source systems and Worley Data Hub and Warehouse.
- Has consistently delivered on objectives while increasing/improving customer satisfaction.
- Ability to/experience with work in a high paced project environment.
- Working within global teams.
- Working in a collaboration / agile environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
Industry Specific Experience:
- Previous working experience in a large complex corporate, preferably multinational.
- Broad understanding of ECR industry, and related Data Management requirements.
- Sound knowledge of Information Technology and Business Analysis industry standards and methodologies.
Education – Qualifications, Accrediation, Training:
- Degree in Computer Science, Business Management and/or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as a business analyst of technology projects with increasing complexity.
- Management and Consulting Services would be highly regarded.
- Assume hands-on management and implementation of all relevant Worley HSE systems.
- Assure compliance of all HSE systems, processes and procedures through the training, competence and performance of all personnel (Worley and others).
- Role-model a commitment to personal well-being and a pro-active approach to continuously improving health, safety and environmental performance .
- User experience with MS environment communication packages (Office, Visio, Teams, SharePoint and Outlook).
- Microsoft DevOps for agile project execution.
- Global IT Networks: Understanding of working within a global footprint with remote service provision.
- Development / Coding: knowledge of working within a coding standard within the organization.
- Release and Environment Management Experience.
- Servers and Infrastructure: working knowledge of Servers and associated infrastructure.
- Cloud based technology: Working knowledge of IAAS, PAAS and SAAS technology solutions.
- Interpersonal: Builds appropriate, constructive, and effective business relationships throughout the organisation; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; communicates clearly, accurately, and consistently both verbally and in written matters. Employs the principles of active listening and encourages feedback from others.
- Teamwork: Enjoys working in a small high calibre team with high visibility to senior stakeholders. Able to work and liaise with multiple teams and stakeholders, deal with strict deadlines, able to prioritise workloads and help other team members to achieve team goals.
- Action Orientation: Achieves results set by self and others, meets timelines, pushes to achieve stretch goals, and demonstrates enthusiasm, persistence and tenacity.
- Intellectual Capacity - Deals with new concepts and complexity comfortably. Examines problems carefully and thoroughly and understands their interdependencies. Can pull information and ideas from many sources and see the importance of many factors.
- Customer Focus - Commits to building enduring relationships and delivering optimal customer solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong workshop facilitation and presentation skills.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers to deliver project value.
- Ability to work with remote global teams spanning multiple foreign countries, with language and cultural differences.
Flexible Working Arrangements:
- Global Position: Requirement to work flexibly based on project delivery requirements
- Position Location: Global (remote)
- Terms: Permanent, full time position, 40 hours per week
- Remote Working: Work from Home, flexible working arrangements, remote working
- Travel Requirements: incidental travel required by project, normally up to 1 week per trip
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
- Acceptance Testing
- Active Listening
- Agile Methodology
- Business Analysis
Job ID: OG~LON02RH