BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Director of Construction on the Project Operations Team. The Director of Construction will manage and integrate both the engineering, procurement, and construction of large, complicated capital projects as well as leading a team of construction professionals to accomplish.
This position is a hybrid position,- the ideal candidates will live in the greater Boston area, with the ability to travle to sites in the Northeast.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k plan with company match, subsidized health, dental, and vision plans, long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Overall responsibility for the successful planning and completion of EPC strategy in support of building solar and storage assets.
- Provide daily leadership to a staff of Project and Field Managers responsible for planning and execution of projects
- Work closely to prioritize key activities on 100+ projects in various stages from preconstruction through closeout
- Ensure on-time project delivery and excellent status communication and reporting to internal parties and stakeholders
- Coordinate with other department heads and senior management to ensure projects are properly designed, planned, and completed on budget and on time.
- Work across all BlueWave groups to to create, own and maintain schedules, EPC budgets, and contracts during the project planning process
- Participate in the development and implementation of safety and quality plans and procedures
- Identify and qualify regional construction partners to cover all aspects and scope areas
- Be a key problem solver to issues affecting the rapid and high-quality delivery of projects
- Oversee project budgets and financial controls, project management systems and processes
- Successful implementation of Health, Safety and Security program plans, practices, and objectives
- Oversee Permitting and Utility Interconnection efforts including all internal and third-party processes
- Manage contractors and suppliers in accordance with project contracts
- Manage quality control, commissioning and closeout of projects Change management across the life of a project
- Provide regular cost and schedule updates
- Create, manage and track operational improvements and progress towards organizational goals
- Drive forcasting, value engineering, safety, and employee training
- Identify solutions and strategies that improve operational performance and efficiency
- Manage employee issues; performance reviews, recruiting, mentoring and growth
- Bachelor’s degree. Engineering, Construction Management or similar focus
- Minimum 7-10+ years of progressive construction leadership experience
- Minimum of 3 years direct field and supervision experience
- Strong history of delivering construction projects on time and on budget
- Expert knowledge of project planning, scheduling and budging processes and tools
- Expert knowledge of engineering, construction, commissioning, best practices, and critical milestones
- Demonstrated ability to oversee numerous construction sites simultaneously
- Proven ability to review engineering designs, scopes of work, commissioning plans
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills to manage the activities of internal and external resources
- Department level financial responsibility, budget creation and management
- Expert knowledge of contracting process, commercial terms, subcontractor relationship management, contract negotiation, dispute resolution, and risk mitigation
- Exhibited success with process development and implementation, change management and growth
- Ability to interface smoothly at senior management levels internally and externally
- Ability to travel 50% of time or more to project locations which are ongoing regionally
- Valid Driver’s License
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company. Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Business Relationship Management
- Change Management
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Conflict Resolution
- Construction Management