Cleveland Cliffs Steel has an immediate opportunity for a Shift Manager in the Quality Department at Coatesville,PA. The Shift Manager oversees all aspects of NDT, with a work force of approximately 15 represented employees. The position is responsible for safety, quality, cost, equipment utilization, calibration, and productivity of the Finishing areas, specifically quality assurance on a turn basis
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Identify and manage activities necessary to maintain equipment to internal and external calibration requirements.
- Manage hourly personnel.
- Assist in QA/NDT training programs.
- Investigate quality and technical issues, lead troubleshooting activities, resolve problems and implement corrective actions, and thoroughly document activities on a turn basis.
- Meet with Bargaining Unit Representatives on a regular basis to coordinate corporate, contractual, and departmental policies.
- Communicate and provide NDT oversight for Level I, and II personnel.
- Knowledge of ISO/MIL/ASME specifications
- Familiarity with weld Inspection and the welding process, specifically SMAW
- Level II certification in UT and MT
- Two-year technical or supervisory degree, or high school diploma with significant experience.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Available to work rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays, in a multi-level organization that operates 24/7, and work extended hours as needed.
- Self-motivated with minimal direction requiredThe Shift Manager oversees all aspects of NDT, with a work force of approximately 15 represented employees. The position is responsible for safety, quality, cost, equipment utilization, calibration, and productivity of the Finishing areas, specifically quality assurance on a turn basis
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The Company is vertically integrated from mined raw materials, direct reduced iron, and ferrous scrap to primary steelmaking and downstream finishing, stamping, tooling, and tubing. We offer an excellent total compensation package including top pay with variable compensation opportunity, health insurance, retirement plan, education assistance, paid time off and more!
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that all Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Problem Solving
- Quality Management
- Self Motivation