Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a main motivation in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Global Operations Engineering > Remote Operations Centers > Remote Operations Center APAC
Remote Operations Center (ROC) provides real-time remote troubleshooting and operational support to maximize turbine and system availability. We provide required support for external customers, field personnel, and cross-department colleagues to resolve technical and operational issues. Our department strives to bring forth technical and operational improvement solutions to optimize turbine performance and lower the cost of energy.
- Perform advanced level wind turbine remote operations and support. This includes proficient operation and use of remote operation and diagnostic tools. Document tasks where required and enters data into company system, such as SAP
- Perform advanced operational performance analysis and implement strategy to ensure targets are achieved
- Should have in-depth Wind Turbine Field experience and hands on gear box, systems and controls.
- Effectively gather information remotely regarding turbine issues and performance. Should diagnose, recommend and implement solutions for turbine equipment. Communicate pertinent information to key people and the field. Seek assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure achievement in resolution
- Follow basic structured problem-solving process to perform troubleshooting and diagnostic tasks with remote SCADA and IT diagnostic tools
- Separately initiate and perform most work tasks as well as follow defined instructions as directed according to written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrate and promote integrity, solid initiative, as well as a focus on reliability, and quality of work. May assist with, or perform basic quality audits of less skilled staff
- Effectively promote and supervise solid team environment through assisting teammates in accomplishing goals as well as mentoring junior technical staff. Visibly support and promote team spirit and collaboration
- Effectively look for improvement opportunities to job appropriate processes and procedures and communicate through appropriate channels
- Interface with customer and may respond to customer inquiries. Will refer complex customer inquiries to higher level technical staff or manager. Demonstrate solid customer service
- This role may require travel, including working a focused and variable work schedule as needed to meet business goals
- B.E in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or equivalent education
- Minimum 8 years technical in wind industry experience, out of which team lead experience should be minimum 3 Years.
- Proven use and understanding of intermediate IT tools
- Should possess good verbal communication skills and reading comprehension skills
- Solid attention to detail and solid problem-solving skills
- Prior customer relations experience in a commercial setting
- Should posses solid Wind Turbine component knowledge, trouble shooting experience, Solution providing capability for complex problems.
- Should supervise team, propel to achieve goals
- Ability to understand technical language and to recognize and differentiate technical issues
- Ability to work separately and unsupervised as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work in rotating shifts
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools Word, Excel, and PPT
What We Offer
You'll have the opportunity to assist strengthen the position of Vestas in a key market for the company with good perspectives of growth.
Join Vestas and you'll cultivate your career in an inspiring environment at an established wind turbine producer, which has an ongoing dedication to sustainability. We value personal initiative, the desire to take on responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. At Vestas your achievement is our achievement
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 5th Nov 2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at [ Link removed ] and follow us on our social media channels
- Performance Analysis
- Customer Relationship Management
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Service