The Shop Helper position safely performs position specific responsibilities in line with Olympic Steel’s Core Values to ensure the highest level of productivity and quality while adhering to all relevant company policies and procedures. Is a safety leader at all times by personally observing all safety requirements and ensuring compliance from co-workers and visitors. Supports and contributes to continuous improvement initiatives and strives to improve safety, quality, and efficiency in all areas of responsibility. Responsible for all job tasks required to support production processes. These activities may include cutting machine support, movement of work-in-progress material on the production floor, in-house secondary operations, finished goods staging, truck loading, raw material receiving and raw material and finished goods preparation and management.
- High School or GED equivalent.
- Mechanically inclined, production oriented, and safety and quality conscious.
- General knowledge of crane operation and ancillary lifting devices.
- Working knowledge of general computer programs.
- Business Process Improvement
- Tower Crane
- Finished Good
- Safety Principles
- Raw Materials