This position is responsible for two key areas:
 Definition of cybersecurity and infrastructure policies and standards for Avangrid Networks. Leveraging technology for the implementation of leading industry practices to define appropriate standards for cybersecurity architecture (data, systems, and networks). Development of policies to align with defined Infrastructure and Cybersecurity Standards.
Policy and Process Engagement and Implementation include Engagement with:
- Global partners and colleagues;
- Private sector and other Utility affiliates;
- Federal/ State Government and Regulating Authorities
- Policy shaping committees;
- Professional Working groups, etc.;
- Cybersecurity outreach.
 Program Oversight and Management of Infrastructure lifecycle projects and strategic architecture (data, systems, and networks) cybersecurity-related transformational projects.
The Program Oversight and Management includes (but not limited to):
- Oversight of Project Managers (Internal and External);
- Budgets submissions for Investment Planning Long Term Outlook (LTO);
- Development of Requests for Proposals (RFP’s);
- Oversight/ Management (Internal & External) of current OSG Project Intake Process (OPIP);
- Development of Framework Agreements (FA’s);
- Provide program status reporting and Metrics;
- Risk management.
In addition to the above, this position involves definition, maintenance, and support of Operational Smart Grids (OSG) operational policies, standards, procedures and projects for Infrastructure and Cybersecurity. This Position is to drive efficient, resilient, and secure operations of OSG supported applications, technologies and networking. This position will drive and works with technical teams and external vendors to provide support for a diverse set of enterprise services. Monitor project performance to identify opportunities for improvements. Align requirements with relevant global/corporate requirement(s), security framework(s) and/or associated regulatory compliance.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with leadership to develop and manage program budgeting and planning.
- Develops strategies for implementation of transformation projects.
- Supervises business transformation, technology, and process projects.
- Supervises a portfolio of project and program management services (project analysis, project evaluation, project delivery).
- Manages resource capacity constraints, risk exposure and interdependencies.
- Coordinate with Cyber Governance & Risk Management - Cybersecurity Assessments, Gap Analysis (best practices versus assessment), Pen Testing, Other Identified Risks
- Development of: cost estimates; actions plans & milestones; RACI assessments; operationalization impacts, schedule coordination, performance/ risk measurement and metrics
- Project presentation development, business case analysis for project financial justification
Education & Experience Required:
Will consider additional years of relevant experience (10+ years) and/or relevant technical certifications in lieu of degree requirement must meet at least one of the following:
- AS Technical Related Degree with 7+ years’ technical experience
- BS Technical Related Degree with 5-7 years’ technical experience
- MS Technical Related Degree with 3+ years’ technical experience
- Prior supervisory experience over staff or contractors on technical or cyber-related projects
- PMP or other relevant Project Management Certifications
- Four (4) years’ experience working in project management—preferably in the context of cybersecurity, IT, OT, and preferably in an energy related technical environment
- Project leadership across portfolio of projects and process development activities
- Interpreting organizational objectives, plans and strategies to guide project and process activities
- Knowledge of federal or state regulatory environments
- Knowledge of federal cybersecurity agencies and environments
- Knowledge of a utility environments
- Strong leadership and organizational skills related to cybersecurity standards and technology-related project management
- Must possess ability to deal collaboratively, diplomatically, and successfully with other professional colleagues, external contractors, managers, and staff
- Work effectively in team environment, as well as independently with limited supervision
- Requires outstanding oral and written communication skills
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this [ Link removed ]
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at
or [ Email address blocked ]
- Industry Practices
- Program Management
- Risk Management
- Request For Proposal