Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit 6376177636512.
This Engineering Professional position is for an Engineering Specialist role in the Linde North Enclave and will be assigned as a Plant Engineer to the HyCO production facilities in the Whiting BP Refinery producing hydrogen as well as responsibility for the other North Enclave plants and the USIG plants with hydrogen production facilities.
The successful candidate will report to the North Region Technical Manager at Whiting and work closely with the North Enclave Director, facility managers and staff to solve technical problems, deliver productivity savings, and sustain safe, reliable, low cost production operations across the North region including the small USIG/HYCO plants.
The Engineering Specialist’s Responsibilities include :
- Process safety stewardship in all aspects; change management, hazard analysis and abnormal situation management, etc.
- Mentor and support the development of North Enclave and USIG/HYCO operations and maintenance personnel, and HyTOP engineers
- Delivery and support of cost saving initiatives to accomplish productivity targets
- Provide technical support to plant operations and maintenance, and turnaround organization in the optimization of plant operations
- Active support and participation in driving reliability initiatives through root cause analysis, idea generation and small project execution.
Other Requirements Include
- Flexibility in work schedule to support operations during startup, shutdown or unplanned events.
- Able to work in confined spaces and at elevated levels.
- Able to travel in the North Enclave up and to USIG/HYCO plants up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in chemical or mechanical engineering
- 3 years of related experience, with 1 or more years in Hydrogen and/or Carbon Monoxide manufacturing preferred.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Change Management
- Confined Spaces
- Idea Generation
- Implement Projects
- Mechanical Engineering