Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco’s value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations’ spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom’s vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco is seeking a Scale Specialist to join the Technical Services Division within its Research & Development Center (R&DC), which is responsible for providing technical leadership to R&D programs, introducing and validating new technologies, and delivering sound technical solutions for companywide operations.
The Scale Specialist’s primary role is to lead high levels of technical services projects, and develop novel technical solutions to control scale formation in downhole and surface systems for sustainable oil and gas production.
- Design laboratory test matrices and conduct laboratory studies for scale mitigation projects.
- Perform root-cause analysis of existing scale issues, and scaling risk assessments for new fields.
- Evaluate scale-control technologies including, chemical products such as scale inhibitors and scale dissolvers.
- Develop and optimize scale chemical-treatment programs, and assist field trials of new scale control technologies.
- Provide cost-effective solutions to challenging scale issues for upstream and downstream operations.
- Identify technical gaps and initiate scale management R&D projects, and lead scale-related research and collaboration activities.
- Mentor junior engineers and scientists by setting specific goals and providing hands-on instruction.
- Issue patents and publications in peer-reviewed journals and primary international conferences.
- Organize and deliver workshops and seminars.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical or other related Engineering discipline, a PhD degree is preferred.
- At least five years of industrial experience in production chemistry, with an emphasis on oilfield scale reduction/mitigation, and strong laboratory skills.
- Proven track record of research and technology development and deployment related to oilfield scale reduction.
- Demonstrated scientific/technical authority and broad technical recognition is preferred, preferably including serving on editorial boards of international journals and technical committees of industrial conferences and associations related to oilfield scale management.
- Strong record of publication and patents.
- Proven track record in conducting advanced technical projects, with the ability to connect technology, R&D, and operational excellence.
- Excellent communication skills, and experience successfully developing trusting relationships with field engineers and other collaborators.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world’s biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs – one of the largest in the world.
- Laboratory Techniques
- Operational Excellence
- Risk Analysis