Job offer – Application Engineer
Join Schneider Electric and Empower your Career
In every moment, we empower everyone to make the most of our energy and resources, everywhere in the world. Life Is On. All along the way, we create and provide equal opportunities for everyone, everywhere. We continually create an inclusive environment and welcome people from all backgrounds. We do our best and innovate, while managing our lives and work in a personal way. Together we dare to make things happen and turn our bold ideas into reality. That’s why we’re proud to be nominated by LinkedIn as top 25 ‘employer of choice. Discover how our value and unique position will make you choose Schneider Electric as (future) employer!
For our Schneider Electric Systems division, we are looking for an Application Engineer who works for the region of Belgium, based in Aartselaar,Belgium.
Your meaningful purpose
For the service/ delivery department, you will be the keyperson for implementing software solutions, configuration of control loops, alarm management, configuration of Control HMI solutions….
Upgrade of existing applications, migration of other systems / control databases will be one of your main tasks.
You need to work closely together with other service/application engineers, project managers and customers.
Your daily task and responsibilities
• Interprets customer technical specs and assists customer in defining detailed application, system requirements
• Confirm software licensing is correct
• Provide support for software upgrades and service
• Assists with basic on-site engineering, including: start-up and application commissioning
• Participates in customer acceptance and application testing under the supervision of a Senior Application Engineer
• Interfaces with remote resources to ensure high-quality and accurate deliverables
• Anticipates potential changes in project deliverables and timing and makes the Lead Engineer aware of a potential need to re-contract or secure additional engineering resources
• Review as sold competitive migration hardware and software with SME
• Develop detailed project execution plan for system engineer scope
• Configure and program control strategies and HMI
• Provide input for project enclosure design as needed
• Perform system software installation and configuration
• Attend customer meetings and participate on system related discussions
• Develop system test plan and execute internal and customer testing (FAT)
• Participate in on-site testing/SAT and commissioning activities as required
• Support PM, LE, Field Service and customer on wide range of system related items as required Provide support of our cloud and deployment of software upgrades if required
What we offer
A unique chance to empower your career and professional fulfilment
You will be part of a growing leading global player that is ranked most sustainable company in the world. You will be empowered to serve your meaningful purpose. You will learn every day and develop through the online learning offer of 10.000 e-learnings and development programs across various domains.
We believe that great people make Schneider Electric a great company and Schneider Electric people have been recognized as the best professionals in our industry. We strive for the wellbeing of our employees through trainings and an annual Well-being Week. Our global family leave policy was recognized as one of the most efficient work/life balance enablers worldwide.
Diversity is one of our top priorities. As an organization we feel honored to be in the 2020 list of ‘Bloomberg Gender-Equality’ for the third year in a row and also to be on the 1st place of the industrial sector of the ‘Equileap Top 200 Gender Equality’.
Your role will give you autonomy and varied opportunities to overcome challenges of an international growing organization. Open your career to functional, geographical, and hierarchical mobility opportunities.
An attractive salary package:
- Fixed salary
- Insurances: group and hospitalization
- Opportunities to further develop within the group while being entitled to ongoing training.
We would love to receive your resume and short motivation.
Apply directly to this offer via the application button on this page or visit our [ Link removed ] .
- Alarm Management
- Field Service Management
- Human Computer Interaction
- Software Licensing
- Software Requirements Analysis