Joining the Jacobs Advanced Facilities team means being part of a team that have delivered innovative solutions for diverse technically demanding projects for over 20 years. Our multi professional design team are involved from initial concept stages, through design and tendering, to commissioning and handover of advanced technology projects including data centers, electronics, life sciences, nanotechnology, and research laboratories.
JACOBS continues to support our clients and communities navigate both the seen and surprising ways that things are changing, we’re thinking differently about the changing road ahead, what to expect and how to plan, and how to adapt and thrive – both today and into tomorrow as the world changes.
At JACOBS we are looking to build upon our success and commitment towards sustainability within our support and innovation in the development of the Electric Vehicle market. We’re excited to offer opportunities to join our teams supporting this leading-edge technology. You will be joining experienced, innovative, and driven teams making a commitment towards sustainability. By helping our clients, you will be designing and delivering sustainable and leading-edge facilities that will help make a positive impact on all of our lives. Join JACOBS and together we can change tomorrow.
PlanBeyond™ is our JACOBS approach to sustainability — planning beyond today for a more sustainable future for everyone. We advance innovations that improve energy efﬁciency, resilience, conservation, reuse and reclamation of vital air, land, and water resources.
You will be part of a highly collaborative and agile team, delivering cutting edge solutions to world leading clients. Due to continued growth, we are seeking experienced engineers who will contribute specialist knowledge and leadership.
Working in a project-based environment you will bring building services and industrial design experience as well as drive, enthusiasm, and the ability to work on your own initiative. The ideal candidate will be able to sit in any location in the United States.
- Coordinate with local and remote electrical design teams and other disciplines throughout the design, construction, and commissioning process.
- Design of various electrical building services systems within advanced facilities, e.g. power distribution, small power, data, containment, lighting, fire detection and alarms, intruder detection etc.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. This includes verbal and written communication as well as visual presentation.
- Engage with junior staff to provide on the job training and mentoring.
- Use, modify, and develop digital tools to undertake engineering design, and to improve on existing design, troubleshooting and validation methods.
- Understand and implement best practice in all aspects of design.
- Identify client needs and exceed expectations to capture repeat work.
- Undertake site-based inspections and surveys at client sites, including undergoing any necessary client specific training.
- Strive to meet stringent deadlines, maintaining desired quality levels of output.
- Understand and implement Jacobs Environmental, Health and Safety, and Commercial policies and standards.
- 4 years related industry experience.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical/Building Services Engineering or a related field.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- EIT certification or PE
- Engineering and BIM software proficiency (Revit, AutoCAD, Amtech, SKM, ETAP, Dialux, Excel etc.).
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ] .
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit
- Building Services Engineering
- Coaching And Mentoring